Forums Latest Members
  1. justinsyndicate Sep 6, 2012

Can you set the date by moving the hour hand 24 hours backward? I thought you could but my AD went forward a whole month *in hours*. I set it again any way when I got home because I must have my minute and second hands properly referenced.

2. bob martian Sep 7, 2012

what caliber of Omega? Most have a date quickset option and you don't have to move the hands at all. I am sure if yours had the quickset the AD would of used it. There is another quickset option where you wind the watch back and forth between 10pm and 12am until you get to the correct date. If the watch doesn't have either of those quicksets then the only way is moving the hands forward.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 7, 2012

Its Cal 8500, on those watches you rotate the hour hand to set the date, its intended to be a timezone change without hacking as well as a quickset

4. bob martian Sep 7, 2012

old school quick set. very nice. :cool:

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 7, 2012

If you're someone that travels, the hour jumping without stopping seconds really is a nice touch, its SO fast to jump days on the date week still even when you're rotating hours. For European markets, its a genuinely nice feature.

6. bob martian Sep 7, 2012

sounds like the AD just has to much free time. That, or maybe they were just enjoying your company.

7. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Sep 7, 2012

You can jump the hours forwards or backwards to change the date without harming the watch :thumbsup:

8. nic Sep 9, 2012

Google and download this OMEGA_User_Manual_V12
    Then go to page 17