Forums Latest Members
  1. mhanson Aug 24, 2017

I have not paid a lot of attention to new releases since I purchased my Speedmaster '57 Replica 3594.50 in 1999. I came across this watch recently and I like everything about it from the movement and the anti-magnetic technology to the polished surfaces, the bracelet micro-adjustment, the lume, and even the white second hand. It wears a bit heavier than my Speedmaster and it took about a month before I was very comfortable wearing it. Regarding performance, it started out gaining 2 seconds per day and over 5 weeks that drifted up to 6 seconds per day. The day to day variation is very small and I don't really know if it's done settling in or not. I've gotten into a routine of setting it 20 seconds behind on Sunday morning and expect it to be approximately 20 seconds ahead the next Sunday. Unless the rate goes much faster, I'm fine with +6s/d. I plan to wear this Seamaster full time for the next two or three months and then switch off with my Speedmaster, which is now being neglected except for winding it every day.

2017-08-24 09.55.08.jpg

2. BostonCanuck Aug 24, 2017

That's a fabulous picture of a fabulous piece. Love the contrast of the light across the dial and shade on the bezel.
    It nicely highlights one of my favorite features of this watch, namely its recessed hour indices.

Edited Aug 24, 2017
    José9 likes this.
  3. JSal16 Aug 24, 2017

I tried on this very same watch last weekend along with the two-tone sedna gold version at my OB. Both were beautiful pieces but the weight of the gold really stole my heart. Enjoy the watch, i'm itching to pull the trigger on one of them.

4. José9 Aug 24, 2017

Awesome picture of one of my favourite watches. Thank you for sharing!

5. Jrcigar Aug 25, 2017

My all time favorite

6. mhanson Jul 24, 2018

I have an update, 11 months after my original post. In the past few months, the average daily rate of my SM300MC has drifted up and it's now between 7 and 8 seconds. I decided to bring it in to my AD today, and when they did a quick check on their timing machine, it showed 11 seconds fast. So, they'll be sending it out to Omega later this afternoon, under warranty. I hope the turnaround time is short but it doesn't matter too much since I really like to wear my Speedmaster 3594.50.

Mtek likes this.
  7. What_Goat? Jul 24, 2018

Congrats - it's a stunning piece, and the picture you took came out awesome!

8. sevykor Aug 4, 2018

Nice pic! I am sure you will get it back better than ever.

9. Civic4982 Aug 4, 2018

It’s really nice to know that they’re so judicious about sending back the watch for a fix. I’ve never bought new before and mostly just old vintage watches so really love to hear about this kind of experience. Hope you get t back soon!

10. mhanson Sep 5, 2018

I have another update to share. My watch arrived back to my authorized dealer last week after being gone for 5 weeks to the day. I'm not a watchmaker but evidently my watch required a bit more service than a simple adjustment to change the rate. My receipt listed the service as 'Complete maintenance service under warranty' and, surprising to me, the night-time lume is much better than before. Evidently I have a new dial and hands. The timing performance in these early days after the repair is much better than I expected. The daily rate now is +0.25 seconds per day for each of the six full days I've had it back on my wrist. I can't detect a variation from day to day. I hope it's a very long time before I post another update.

gforce and Tritium like this.
  11. Kiltie Sep 5, 2018

I had this warranty service done as well.
    I understand some percentage of the run had lubrication issues ( ? ), and were/are being corrected on a case by case basis.
    This is probably my favorite watch, and definitely the one I wear most, including diving. I was thrilled from the first article I read on it a few years back.

12. Davidt Sep 5, 2018

Sounds like a few of these have had issues with timing drifting out after a year or two.
    Perhaps these new movements are having a few teething problems? I'd like a new Omega at some point as I only have vintage at the minute but I'm waiting to see how these play out.

13. imranbecks Sep 5, 2018

I'm hopeful this will be my next Omega purchase.

14. Morrisdog Sep 6, 2018

A561927F-EA4F-4C74-A17D-C6621291D6D2.jpeg I love mine!! I have now had it for 3 and a half years. Remains my favourite! It’s still maintains very accurate time.. now only gaining about 5 seconds a week.

Pun and wareagle35 like this.
  15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 6, 2018

There's no "perhaps" here...there's a "definitely" involved though...

Doc Savage and Davidt like this.
  16. imranbecks Sep 6, 2018

The titanium version! Tried it on at the boutique.... So light!

17. rainking Sep 6, 2018

I love that watch. Alas, I own the co-ax Speedmaster '57 broad arrow, which is very, very similar to this one so I probably won't ever buy this Seamaster--but it is a super cool watch.

I know the 9300 movement in my '57 isn't the same movement as the one in the Seamaster 300, but 11 months in and it runs the same as when I got it new, about +1.5 to +2 seconds per day. I use the chrono function all the time as well and it hasn't missed a beat. Extremely pleased with it to this point, I wear it more than any other watch I own including my Speedy Pro.

18. flw history nerd Sep 8, 2018

My SM300 has varied between about +5 and +12 sec/day since I got it in November 2015. I've been reluctant to send it for regulation, since I haven't really minded correcting it every few days, and I don't want to lose the red dot on the caseback. But I've also noticed more recently that the lume is uneven (the hour markers from 7 to 11 are noticeably dimmer), and given the issues raised here, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and send it for a service while I still have warranty coverage.

19. Davidt Sep 8, 2018

I'd be interested to know what parts they change (although I believe Al mentioned that part replaced under warranty aren't returned so you may not know) and also how it performs once returned.

20. flw history nerd Sep 8, 2018

I'll keep everyone posted.