Forums Latest Members
  1. skipper Feb 28, 2015

Just wondered what people's thoughts are on this? I've been wearing my 105.003-64 on its original 7912/No.6 combo for the last month or so, really like the look and I find it very comfortable. However, I appreciate that its not the most robust bracelet around, and wondered whether I'd be advised to swap it for something a little stronger?

I like the look of an original 1171, but would that work with my No.6 EL's? If not, which 20mm EL's could be successfully modded to work with the straight lugs of a pre-moon?

Or are there any other genuine Omega bracelets I should consider? Thanks. shock conv 007.jpg

Gavin and TLIGuy like this.
  2. cristos71 Feb 28, 2015

I wear all of my flat link bracelets and treat them the same way as my vintage watches, with a little extra care and attention.

I´ve never had any problems whatsoever with any of them and I wouldn´t want to wear your lovely 105.003 on anything other than the 7912.

3. TLIGuy Feb 28, 2015

This! What a beautiful watch and it should be worn as she was meant to be.

g-boac and Emeister like this.
  4. ock2915 Feb 28, 2015

I always wear my watches with them , never a problem

Concorde likes this.
  5. Concorde Feb 28, 2015

7912 .. The only way to wear that beauty.

6. skipper Mar 1, 2015

Seems the 7912 might be a little more 'everyday' than I thought...

When I said swap it for something beefier, I didn't mean I was going to sell it, just use it more sparingly.

I'm in the motor trade, and I'm in and out of cars all day, so the old girl does get an occasional clout. Just thought something newer / beefier might be more appropriate from a purely practical point of view. Seems I may be worrying unduly.

7. goedie Mar 1, 2015

I would just wear and enjoy it.
    But it is your wrist! If you feel for changing the bracelet, who are we to say don't.

Lovely watch btw

8. skipper Mar 1, 2015

Yes, I will continue to use it as Omega intended, meanwhile I have a Horween Shell Cordovan on the way to share spring/summer duty with a black Nato and black rally.

BTW, are all cordovan's so thin? This is just 2mm, should be super comfy though.

9. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Mar 1, 2015

^^^
    All bases covered except maybe a JB Champion mesh.

Gorgeous watch. What colours do you see in the bezel? On my screen I'm getting a hint of blue.

Edited Mar 1, 2015
    TLIGuy likes this.
  10. skipper Mar 1, 2015

19 Sep 2013 (7) (Large).JPG Yes, it is a dark bluey/black colour. From various threads I've read on the matter, it seems there must have been a batch of bezels with some dodgy paint back in 64/65, and over time they've gone kinda blue/gunmetal/black. I've seen a couple of other examples (Henryjbird's is one), and both had a near identical serial to mine, i.e. 2.208m.

I guess most would have been swapped out by Omega during an early service, somehow my father's watch retained the original 'flawed' bezel. I actually bought a lovely original 'black' DON bezel for mine, but never got round to switching them over.

Here is a another pic showing colour in natural light

:

Emeister and TLIGuy like this.
  11. ock2915 Mar 1, 2015

I think you better keep your bezel than changing to a black one , yours is marvellous & unique for me...

Emeister and TLIGuy like this.