Forums Latest Members
  1. goose383 Dec 5, 2012

I would like some opinions please.... I have an Omega Constellation (1970 I think), Case Ref 168.047 with a 1001 movement. It's fairly scratched up, but I can deal with getting it looking a lot better, the movement is working, but I haven't had chance to test how accurate it is just yet. The biggest thing is there's no second hand - which I'm assuming there should be?? I bought this very cheap over the internet, and to my un-trained eye it looks genuine, but just in bad shape, maybe (hopefully not) some one will tell me otherwise.

The problem I have is the wife really dislikes it, and now I have it I really can't see me wearing it much, so I'm thinking of repairing it and re-selling, hopefully adding to the fund for the next one.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to attempt to replace the second hand myself, so do you think this is worth refurbishing, or should I just keep in the collection as it is?

here's a few pics: (sorry about the quality - I appear to be rubbish at taking pictures of watches)
    case.jpg face.jpg movement 1.jpg movement 2.jpg parts.jpg

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 5, 2012

If you will be paying someone to refurbish it its probably not worth spending the money.

Very nice ones can be found on eBay etc, for $400-$500.

A complete refurbishment could easily exceed the value.

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 5, 2012

Cal 1001 is also known for its problems.