Forums Latest Members
  1. m84 Apr 27, 2015

Hi guys, I came across this watch from a local dealers website, and even though i'm not in the market for one, it caught my attention, for all the wrong reasons i might add!

Anyway, the guy claims the watch is from 1969 and that it has gone through major restoration to 'bring it back to its former glory'. To sum it up for you guys, he says everything but the case (and DON bezel thankfully) has been replaced and the case polished etc...::facepalm2::

Which brings me to the dial. What is going on here? I've looked online and can't find any reference of such a dial, all the numbers look wrong and the writing also seems odd. But it does seem to be a step dial! Anyway here it is... Any clues as to what this is?

Thanks,
    Lou

IMG_0081.jpg

2. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Apr 27, 2015

dial is bogus. T SWISS MADE T should be under the 6 O'clock.

3. timeismoney Apr 27, 2015

Those subdials are also a big giveaway :p

4. m84 Apr 27, 2015

Exactly! Everything about it looks suspicious to me too, but I still had minor doubts as this is supposedly a legit dealer/restorer of watches and I just wanted to confirm with more knowledgeable people!
    Might get in touch with them and see what they say, out of curiosity! :p
    (Especially since what they are charging for this 'thing' ain't cheap!)

Thanks,
    Lou

5. Tjmmartin Apr 27, 2015

Out of interest has anyone seen a dial like this before? I presume whoever made it wouldn't have only made one.

m84 likes this.