Forums Latest Members
  1. Javi22 Feb 29, 2016

Forget this watch...::yawn:::taunt:

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 29, 2016

Common wisdom here would be to find the best example you can afford of a given watch.

You could look at it this way: an OK bezel would probably run abou $900. A decent Pro dial would cost probably $800 or so. Hands are easy enough to fix. So you're looking at spending another $1700 to make it right. According to the Speedmaster101 price chart, a Running 145.012 would be worth about $4400, though the market might be a little higher.

So at $5K, you should be deducting the cost of the proper parts. Finding them on the other hand may be challenging...

Felice79 likes this.
  3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 29, 2016

Unfortunately this watch can only be valued truly as parts.

Two parts, the movement and the case.

The nice looking service dial is desired by me, as a curiosity, but not valued.

Illiknight, Felice79 and oddboy like this.
  4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 29, 2016

@Felice79 , take spacefruit's advice. He's the author of speedmaster101 and his opinions are highly respected..

5. off It could have been bug spray. Feb 29, 2016

As the others have mentioned, it would probably be better to to find a 145.012 in as original form as possible. The major components, the case, case back and dial should be in original and good condition. And as @Spacefruit mentioned, a movement within the correct serial number range, with all functions working including the chronograph.

Find something you can enjoy right away, minor issues aside. Major issues will take time and $$$$ to resolve. Good luck and have fun on the search!

Felice79 likes this.
  6. Felice79 Feb 29, 2016

Thank tou very much for your advice, I just talked to the seller (an old man) who happens to own a lot of vintage omega spare parts??!! He said he had many dials and bezels in boxes...alright then. I will visit him this week and take a close look at what he's got...maybe I can upgrade this baby to an all original one...

To be sure what the dial has to look like, I will check your wonderful website. Thanks for that, it's a great source of knowledge and has helped me a lot to find what I'm looking for.

Thanks again!

smitty190373 likes this.
  7. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 29, 2016

Well if i were you go with a wad of cash and buy every speedmaster part and dial you can.....

If this elderly gentleman is "Old School" he might be of a time when to repair a watch properly, watchmakers replaced everything they could to make it look as new as possible, including polishing the case.

You might strike a gold mine of swapped 105.012 dials....

Davidt likes this.
  8. Felice79 Feb 29, 2016

I will let you know... Stupid me who already told him how expensive these dials and bezels are...:(

I will meet him this week- he told me he bought the complete Arsenal of vintage parts FROM omega...??? :/ dozens of dials, bezels, even movements!!! sounds too good to be true...

9. Felice79 Feb 29, 2016

Thank you all for your help! It is very much appreciated and kept me from making a mistake...The hunt goes on. I'll keep you updated! ;)