Forums Latest Members

60th Speedy vs. Speedy Tuesday - hands on

1. BruceTheManLee May 29, 2017

I had the pleasure to get my hands on the new 60th anniversary trilogy set: Speedy, Seamaster, and Railmaster

I was interested in the 60th Speedy

I also had privilege to compare to the new Speedy Tuesday

All very nice watches :)

1 - 2.jpg 1 - 3.jpg 1 - 4.jpg 1 - 5.jpg

2. Phil h Punxatawnee Phil - now out of the shadows. May 29, 2017

Speedy Tuesday for me based on your pictures. Which is good as mine will be arriving in the next few months, hopefully.

I think I prefer the 300 over the Speedy and the Railmaster.

Riviera Paradise and pascs like this.
  3. ac921ol May 29, 2017

Wow. Amazing, so I'll ask.

How did this happen? Who already had the ST?

Which one grabbed you the most of all 4 watches?

Seeing a good picture of the ST, im not super in love with it, it does look nice, but something about it, can't point it out, but it's something. Maybe it's the white subdials that need to grow on me.

frazierspa likes this.
  4. arcadelt May 29, 2017

Is it just the photo or are the pushers on the ST particularly large?

5. demchocholips May 29, 2017

Both Speedies look awesome. Side by side, the 60th is more captivating and seems more refined.

SouthernScot, Foo2rama and eccentric like this.
  6. BruceTheManLee May 29, 2017

60th Speedy caught my eye

i tend to find the ST, the white sub dials appear to be too tightly clustered

i think it is just the photo

I agree with you

Rodmar and frazierspa like this.
  7. BruceTheManLee May 29, 2017

I'm on the fence to pick up but like both 60th Speedy and ST...leaning towards 60th Speedy.

My Chrono collection includes Speedy Pro, Ck2998, and Daytona ceramic.

I know one never needs more than one watch or even one because u can use your phone these days but perhaps 2 speedys and 1 Daytona is enough chronos (and enough speedy)?

chronos.jpg

8. pascs May 29, 2017

Great pictures and great to see them all together. Still the Speedy Tuesday for me. The 60th anniversary looks too much to me like an aged 3594.50 and I already have one of those . The Seamaster looks very tempting too

9. SouthernScot May 30, 2017

Love the pictures, you are very lucky (or well connected!) to have got your hands on both of them. I really like them both, but seeing them side by side I prefer the Speedy. It is more understated and elegant. The ST looks a little brash. Of course this has nothing to do with missing out on the ST but reserving the 60th! Given the chance I would still have the ST as well!
    ::stirthepot::

10. brunik May 30, 2017

Loveeeeeeeee it!!!

11. frazierspa May 30, 2017

Outstanding collection! You have great taste! Thanks for sharing your feedback, and the photos!
    Scott

12. frazierspa May 30, 2017

PS Your collection is screaming out for the addition of the 60th '57 Speedy! ....but after you pick it up I think you should consider moving on to an AP Royal Oak Offshore. The Safari is my favorite! =)
    St

13. Exarkun12 May 31, 2017

Wow great photos. Thanks for posting this Bruce!

14. sn0wman72 May 31, 2017

Nice to see some in-hand comparison photos of the ST and the 60th anniversary. I am leaning toward the ST, but I missed the opportunity to reserve one. I was able to reserve the 60th anniversary...so it seems my choice is made

15. loi Jun 1, 2017

I really like the 60th.

16. shoota70 Jun 1, 2017

yeah the 60th is really growing on me. Speedy Tuesday is too fan boy for me.

17. BruceTheManLee Jun 1, 2017

Thanks!

Seamaster was nice but I have the Seamaster 300 Spectre version, which VERY similar. Surprisingly, the Seamaster LE has a bi-directional bezel which is weird for a diver

thanks!

You know what they say ......you have to be good (and perhaps connected) to lucky! hahahaha LOL!

The ST is nice, but it certainly is a "loud" watch. I know compared to some other brands out there the ST is completely tame but compared to the 60th it is quite it is differently story

:)

Thanks! Collection has been slowly developing. One day I will take a 1 photo collection which includes all timepieces not just chronographs

AP huh? I have have research that one

Thank you!

yeah the ST is nice but can't figure out if it is trendy or not. or perhaps it is the 60th that is trendy (with the whole vintage thing)

Edited Jun 1, 2017
    Riviera Paradise likes this.
  18. Karbon Jun 1, 2017

Such a hard decision. ...

19. ras47 Jun 1, 2017

After seeing both the 60th Anniversary and Speedy Tuesday models, I'm definitely more interested in the ST. I prefer the black bezel over silver, and I like the darker face with white hands. The 60th is too brown for me, as if they're trying to simulate the patina that comes with age. Plus the ST's panda dials are sharp and fitting for a limited edition.

N1CK likes this.
  20. JSal16 Jun 1, 2017

One can never have too much Speedy in their life...

sensui likes this.