52KS Metal Bracelet XAB-830 Hunt ***FOUND***

Posts
42
Likes
43
Greetings,

I have recently acquired this very tidy 5256-8000s with portions of the original bracelet. The end link number is XAB-830. The individual I got the watch from advised the portions were harvested, but would include the remnants with the sale. The head sits on a XAB-910 now, and I like it. Just looking for originality.

Seems like it’s a one year or so only run.

I was wondering what sites you are all using to find rare-ish parts. I’ve found some auction sites out of Japan, but not really sure how they work (mostly in Japanese). Any help with direction/sourcing would be super helpful. Buying a complete watch would be an option, but then I have another head unit without its bracelet. Hahaha.

Cheers!!

Garret

 
Posts
42
Likes
43
Greetings,

I have recently acquired this very tidy 5256-8000s with portions of the original bracelet. The end link number is XAB-830. The individual I got the watch from advised the portions were harvested, but would include the remnants with the sale. The head sits on a XAB-910 now, and I like it. Just looking for originality.

Seems like it’s a one year or so only run.

I was wondering what sites you are all using to find rare-ish parts. I’ve found some auction sites out of Japan, but not really sure how they work (mostly in Japanese). Any help with direction/sourcing would be super helpful. Buying a complete watch would be an option, but then I have another head unit without its bracelet. Hahaha.

Cheers!!

Garret

FOUND I purchased a matching timepiece that has a complete matching bracelet that will be perfect for my needs. I will lap/polish and resell the incoming watch head. Cheers!!
 
Posts
42
Likes
43
Received the second 5256 and the band has enough links to fit my 20cm wrist. (Which is pretty rare). I had planned to use a clasp extender but it won’t be needed. Now I’m in a bind, I was gonna swap the band to my other head, but I think I’ll leave this all original setup as is. Thoughts? Cheers!!

 
Posts
122
Likes
388
Received the second 5256 and the band has enough links to fit my 20cm wrist. (Which is pretty rare). I had planned to use a clasp extender but it won’t be needed. Now I’m in a bind, I was gonna swap the band to my other head, but I think I’ll leave this all original setup as is. Thoughts? Cheers!!

I occasionally buy watches just because I want the bracelet for another watch. Often end up feeling bad about separating a watch and bracelet that have been together for 50 or 60 years. I’m a sentimental fella. But in the end I’d say use your newly found bracelet with the watch head that is in the best condition and keep the other for parts.
 
Posts
42
Likes
43
I occasionally buy watches just because I want the bracelet for another watch. Often end up feeling bad about separating a watch and bracelet that have been together for 50 or 60 years. I’m a sentimental fella. But in the end I’d say use your newly found bracelet with the watch head that is in the best condition and keep the other for parts.
Thanks for your insight ! I like the idea of having a spare in case one goes down. I will probably put the band with the good one as the production date is 4/75 which is exactly 4 years apart from a 5246-6010 I have that is a 4/71. So I have the alpha and omega of the 52k series. The one I just got is a 3/75. May I’ll lap the new one too and keep both in really good shape 🤷. Cheers!!