Forums Latest Members
  1. Loncar Apr 4, 2019

Hi all

Just saw an article that the LE model will be the gold model - is this correct and final ?

Br Loncar

Johnnyb8183 likes this.
  2. 89-0 Apr 4, 2019

3. Loncar Apr 4, 2019

Ok that’s s yes.
    Then I don’t have to put money aside.

Gold doesn’t talk to me. Pitty they didn’t made a steel version.

☹️☹️

Johnnyb8183 likes this.
  4. Johnnyb8183 Apr 4, 2019

They ARE making a steel version. Gold is totally sold out. I just put a deposit on the steel one with the Omega Boutique in Dallas. It's not been announced officially yet.

They gave me a few clues of what it will look like and I'm excited.

5. many Apr 4, 2019

Pretty sure the steel version is a gold/steel TT.

6. Loncar Apr 4, 2019

Ok
    When do you expect an official announcement?
    How can the gold be sold out? Preorder?

I’m on a waiting list at my local AD.

7. Evitzee Apr 4, 2019

All gold version sold out and paid for. The steel version is a production of 6969 pieces, approx. 900 or so coming to the US. As of 10 days ago the US allowance had a little over 100 pcs left. FULL deposit required, fully refundable if you don't like the looks which will be revealed on May 15th. You make a deposit and the Boutique contacts Omega USA and they put you down as a fully paid order and locks you in to get one. It has a steel case and bracelet (in same style as the all gold version), with a 'moonshine' gold bezel and Cerragold ceramic bezel (probably black with gold numbers). Possible gold indices/hands and special plaque on dial but that is up in the air. Special Apollo XI plaque on the back. Some people don't like the idea of steel and gold but this will be very subtle, imo. I expect it to be a knockout, but if I don't like the look I'll call the Omega Boutique and ask them to refund my money. Price, $9,650.

8. Loncar Apr 4, 2019

Thanx a lot for info.
    I live in Denmark - hopefully my AD will soon know and inform me.

Br Loncar

Johnnyb8183 likes this.
  9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 4, 2019

Can we temporarily sticky the main thread on these?

oddboy, CJpickup57 and Johnnyb8183 like this.
  10. Johnnyb8183 Apr 5, 2019

I second this motion.

AveConscientia and CJpickup57 like this.
  11. bvhomega Apr 6, 2019

Based purely on the conjecture online that the SS model will have gold pushers, gold crown, gold bezel and gold
    medallion at 9 o'clock, I have used my limited photoshop skills to create a fantasy image of a possible Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Stainless Steel watch. This is pure fantasy and not based on anything other than online rumors. I have no actual idea what Omega is planning.
    11 fantasy.jpg

12. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 6, 2019

rob#1, Lonestar, Slowpoker and 12 others like this.
  13. Ian_km Apr 6, 2019

Not sure on crown and pushers, but the rest is growing on me, well done!

14. Linzer Apr 6, 2019

oddboy likes this.
  15. nismo Apr 6, 2019

Thank you for the concept rendering. It looks similar to what people have been told by OBs. I just can't wrap my head around that $9,700 price. $7,500 would seem like a decent enough premium over the standard Speedy since it is so similar. Especially considering it's not that limited. I'm not sure that many FOIS watches have been made yet. A money grab for the anniversary...

Edit: never mind there are more FOIS out by now.

Edited Apr 6, 2019
  16. Edeaton61 Apr 6, 2019

I love that rendering...great work! I hope it looks that good.

17. Evitzee Apr 6, 2019

Crown and pushers are STEEL, not gold. And I think the dial may have some elements of moonshine gold (indices and/or hands). I think whatever plaque or emblem Omega puts on will be subtle. And the bracelet is supposed to be modeled over the recently introduced 18k version.

Since FOIS numbering is around 12,000 the last time I looked it would seem an edition of 6969 for this very special occasion will not be hard to sell for Omega. Pricing is subjective, no one can say what the correct price should be. Omega is the arbiter of that question and they have done their research and made their call. You can always wait on the hope that the edition will trend lower than the retail price in the secondary market, just like a lot of folks did for #SpeedyTuesday and Silver Snoopy. Personally I think it is worth the bet that it will be an iconic release for Omega and downside is somewhat limited, so I put a full deposit down at an OB last week. We'll see what it looks like on May 15th when it is revealed, if I don't like it I'll cancel the order. This is the most looked forward to event since Tiny Tim married 17yo Miss Vicki in the year of the moon landing !!! (Younger people, look it up)

Edited Apr 6, 2019
  18. bvhomega Apr 6, 2019

Thank you all for the kind words. I have taken another try based on the comments by Evitzee (minus the bracelet change)...
    11-fantasy-2.jpg

19. speedydownunder Apr 6, 2019

Nice render

20. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Apr 6, 2019

Speculations or Speculams??? ... they both offer a foggy view. ::confused2::

We all know what a real 'Moon Watch" looks like. It aint new. It aint gold, and it doesn't have any 'tacky' images cluttering up the dial. .......... Don't 'fakk about' with tribute watches chaps! Be kind to yourselves! :thumbsup:
    Celebrate the 50th anniversary properly with a vintage Omega Speedmaster Professional 105.012. :)

Edited Apr 7, 2019
    lando, BatDad, djmusicman and 6 others like this.