Forums Latest Members
  1. steevvvooo Nov 27, 2019

Got the call from my AD today and they are hoping to have my watch by the end of the year. I've paid a deposit but still haven't seen one of these in the flesh. I've watched plenty of videos and seen lots of photos here but I'm worried I'll go to collect and it won't sing to me. I love the bracelet. Like the stepped dial and ceramic bezel. The presentation and straps are a very cool touch. I'm not so sure about the gold accents though and the 9 o'clock dial. Has anyone had any issue getting the deposit back or has everyone loved the watch when they went to collect?

2. Evitzee Nov 27, 2019

Don't worry needlessly. If you don't like it just ask for your deposit back, no problem. They can't keep your deposit if you don't buy it.

steevvvooo likes this.
  3. pianomankd Nov 27, 2019

Dont fret!

Is that the Venice seamaster in your avatar? Gorgeous!

4. ckamp Nov 27, 2019

The deposit stays with Omega and the next person in line gets to use it as a discount.

Where are you located again? :whistling:

david5807, The Father and chronos like this.
  5. mjb Nov 27, 2019

This is why it's always helpful to list your location with queries. If you are located in the United States of America, generally speaking, deposits cannot legally be held if you decide not to purchase. And if you are an American, you probably used a credit card in which case you can always dispute the charge if you need to.

If you live in Europe or the U.K. then the rules are different.

6. steevvvooo Nov 27, 2019

I'm in the UK (South East) but asked the question as I had a situation with a US AD some time back whereby a deposit was returned to me but it was insinuated that it was not the norm, more that I was being done a favour.

I'm going to sleep on it and watch some more videos to try and decide but I might speak to the AD tomorrow as I'm sure they have a list if I decide to pass so won't be too fussed in this case.

7. scapa Nov 27, 2019

I've made a few deposits on watched that I elected not to buy -- most recently a BB58. I've never had a problem asking for and getting my money back, although in one case I was offered a further discount on a watch I had also had my eye on so that $$$ stayed with the shop.

In the UK I suspect, though I'm not sure, that any AD insisting on keeping your deposit would be in breach of your rights under consumer law.

EDIT: See below link for information from Which?

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/can-i-claim-back-a-non-refundable-deposit

8. stuart70 Nov 28, 2019

I am in the UK and had a deposit with an AD. They were ok about refunding the deposit. Firstly due to the fact that the watch was not in the shop was not there at the time, they knew they could sell it on. Lastly they do want you to come back and buy other stuff from them.