Forums Latest Members

50th Anniversary De Ville Prestige

1. jsg1976 Oct 10, 2017

I was in the boutique in NYC on Friday, and got to try on this beauty. The pic isn't great (in part because the watch still had the plastic wrap on), but the watch really looks fantastic in the metal. The enamel dial has a really great rich tone to it. I couldn't get a good look at the engraving on the case back because of the wrapping, though I wish it was sapphire instead of solid in any case (and I also wish the Omega logo was a touch smaller).

Only problem is, even with it being white gold with an enamel dial, I'm not sure I could justify dropping $13k (which can just about get you a pre-owned Lange 1815) on it - I think if it was under $10k, I would have had a hard time walking away.

IMG_1191.JPG

McJamesT, mikechi22 and BostonCanuck like this.
  2. BostonCanuck Oct 10, 2017

I've had my eye on that new beauty, too, also the white gold version. Thanks for the pic, that enamel dial is indeed gorgeous! With this one containing the caliber 2500, I would image it should become available on the grey market at a hefty discount within a year or so. Did you learn whether this was some kind of a limited production piece, or a permanent addition to the product range?

Edited Oct 10, 2017
    Riviera Paradise likes this.
  3. Shailor Oct 11, 2017

That dial and numbers look fantastic!

4. ras47 Oct 11, 2017

I normally don’t like that style numbering but it really works on that watch. Great piece, but I agree that $13K is way too much, especially to a non-collector like me.

5. Riviera Paradise Oct 12, 2017

Agreed not a good option at retail. You will probably be able to get it at US$8K US$7K in the grey and pre-owned market in a few years time. Omega make nice dressier watches but their PM watches are ridiculously over priced - Globemaster Sedna Gold at EUR 18.200?!?!?

I bought my YG Tresor retail from my local Rio OB in 2015 - but only because at local exchange rate I got it brand new for approximately US$11K instead of USA pricing of $13.8K. Don't get me wrong I love the watch and the clous de paris dial, but, in all fairness if the beauty below was available in 2015 at US$13K, I would certainly have considered a German alternative;)

lange_saxonia_37mm_hero.jpg P7050080-2.jpg

At their current retail pricing I would steer away from PM Omegas. Perhaps the only exception would be a very special collector LE of the Speedy...perhaps a forthcoming Apollo 11 50th anniversary? But it would have to be very special, Pretenders brass in pocket special:)

McJamesT likes this.