Forums Latest Members
  1. Keenan180 Oct 25, 2018

Have a question about this 50's Seamaster Bumper. It was my grandfather's and I found it cleaning out his house after he passed away. It was severely beat up, not running, and strapless. I took it to a jeweler that got it running, replaced the crown and crystal with correct Omega parts (I think) and I've been wearing it daily ever since.

I couldn't find this dial anywhere in my research. I've seen a few black waffle dials, but this one is glossy black that shines more brown in direct sunlight. I did my best to capture this effect in the photos.

So....do we think this may be a redial? Or more likely an ultra rare, limited production, breguet numeral black dial that is going tropical and worth more than my car? I don't have photos of the movement yet. Anyway to nail down a date without it?

Thanks for your help.

Watch1.jpg Watch2.jpg Watch3.jpg
  2. wsfarrell Oct 25, 2018

Spacing of the minute markers around the 1, 2 and 4 o'clock indices is pretty bad.

3. BenBagbag Oct 25, 2018

It's 100% a redial.

Willem023 likes this.
  4. Rochete Oct 25, 2018

Unfortunately a bad redial. Appart from what's been said above, fonts and subdial markers are very wrong.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 25, 2018

Ditto.

6. Rman Oct 25, 2018

Thirsty for root beer now.

7. Keenan180 Oct 26, 2018

Thanks. I thought as much. It’s inconsequential in the end as every time I look at it, I remember my grandfather teaching me how to handle a gun, throw and take a punch, treat others with respect, and how to be a good man. Appreciate the collective expertise, gents.