Forums Latest Members
  1. JoeScherer75 Feb 5, 2018

Hi there, I'm new here but become fairly fluent in looking at vintage watches, amongst them the stunning variety of vintage dressier Omegas, there's a terrible amount of over-polished cases and horrible redials out there as we know. I wasn't too keen on buying one until I found this two-tone bumper automatic at 36mm and a steal of a price. Loved the unique and interesting dial at first sight, the case seems to be in good shape too, and the crown seems to original as well. The movement looks to be in good shape too, a service if needed is not a big deal, mostly expecting it to be honest but I hope thats alright as well

I wanted to ask if my intuition is correct or not, is this all original? Hoping I'm not looking at a scam, but I've tried to educate myself well enough to avoid that.

Secondly, looking to see if a model could be identified?

Thank you, pretty excited about this watch, sounds silly but i've liked these vintage dress omegas since I saw La La Land and the watch Ryan Gosling had on in the movie, classic, simple, elegant watch, and it fit perfectly with how he was dressed in the movie.
    IMG_1875.jpg IMG_1876.jpg IMG_1877.jpg IMG_1878.jpg IMG_1879.jpg IMG_1880.jpg IMG_1881.jpg IMG_1882.jpg

GregH and noelekal like this.
  2. fjf Feb 5, 2018

McKinley and Lucasssssss like this.
  3. JoeScherer75 Feb 5, 2018

alright, I asked him for a better picture, I wasn't as worried about the "clean and new" as i saw the spotting and wear on the hands, seeing those as original, but the dial is different I realize that and it is worth asking about. thank you!

McKinley likes this.
  4. mario linus Feb 5, 2018

Nice original dial

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 5, 2018

6. JoeScherer75 Feb 5, 2018

Seller sent me another photo, looking good to me

And to the reply above me, yeah that's the watch, I was trying to allude to not yet purchasing it but the auction was ending quickly a couple nights ago with only a handful of bids and I went for it. At that price I wasn't overly worried and I didn't think it was a scam either. I was hoping for some opinions here and I appreciate that help!
    3E10FB6D-F3C9-48B4-A171-BF96B7F1A7F2.jpeg

Edited Feb 5, 2018
    GregH and Nathan1967 like this.
  7. sat968 Feb 5, 2018

Congrats. I was looking at that watch as well, but just couldn't pull the trigger because I had just purchased a rail track connie...

8. pedrocarlone Feb 5, 2018

Thats a watch I bid on but my bid was blocked because I was a foreign bidder. You got a bargain. I am jealous! Went for something like £315?

Edited Feb 5, 2018