500 series mainspring install direction

I have a fixer upper that needs a missing mainspring. I’m not able to find manual ( anybody know where)

in which direction does the spring install. New to this and get confused by descriptions vs a visual
Is this the correct direction?

This would be better on the watchmakin subforum.

Usually I put the arbor onto the plates and see what way it wants to turn. The watch (unless owned and used in a barber shop) tends to run in a single direction with the hands moving clockwise.

The other indicator with new springs is one side is a color or has distinctive markings on the retainer ring.

CCW, which is almost always the case...almost...

So question, by referring to CCW, the center circle where the arbor fits in, does the spring winding arc off to the right ?

So question, by referring to CCW, the center circle where the arbor fits in, does the spring winding arc off to the right ?

Take a close look at the mainspring barrel and arbor. Look at the direction of the hook on the arbor, what end of the arbor is facing up, and then think about how the spring has to go into the barrel so that the hook would grab the hole and wind the spring. If you give this some thought it should be pretty clear...