Forums Latest Members

5 set of Speedmaster for 48K

1. dabbispade Jun 4, 2019

2. DiiQue I don't believe that is possible. Jun 4, 2019

Those are the Tokyo 2020 Olympic set. I believe there are only 55 sets. The individual watches are also available for sale.

Edited Jun 4, 2019
  3. ipreferjester Jun 4, 2019

Honestly, as much as it may be a solid buy, the only one of the lot that truly strikes my fancy is the 'Rising Sun'.

4. dabbispade Jun 4, 2019

Ahh yeah I see it is Olympic now, just found the price quite high as one should think there would be some "discount" on a 5 piece set but on the otherhand I have no idea what the price for each is.

5. ipreferjester Jun 4, 2019

Honestly, youll find them ranging anywhere between $6.500 to $8.500. Anymore than the highest margin there, and I'd honestly just assume they were price gouging, considering most of my reseller friends in Japan have BNIB pieces of these Olympic LE's that are in that range (and yes, that includes the highly coveted 'Rising Sun'). I know I've seen the panda and some of the other pieces going for well about $10k, but I genuinely doubt anyone would be crazy enough to put down that much cash for one they can find elsewhere for thousands cheaper.

6. krh7 Jun 4, 2019

While nice looking, I don't see anything 'special' about these designs.

7. whyboddau Jun 6, 2019

That’s quite high for the set. If/when an individual owns a set, then what? Do they become safe queens?

8. krh7 Jun 6, 2019

To have 5 and not wear any would be tough!

9. whyboddau Jun 7, 2019

I hear you and totally agree. But we’re seeing so many limited editions kept “unworn”. Add the premium paid for a set and it becomes hard to wear any. Shame.

10. dabbispade Jun 7, 2019

I do respect that some people collect watches only to keep them at there collection and not wearing them but I love to wear my watches and like someone said about not using vintage cars were like saving your girlfriend for the next guy...

ipreferjester likes this.