Forums Latest Members
  1. PeterT Sep 30, 2018

Hi! I’m new to this forum and I would like to advise regarding the 43.5mm PO. Do you use it as an everyday watch? I just checked it out in an OB this week (originally searched for the new SM300 diver - but that’s nowhere close here - they say it might be X-mas or new year) and it magically fit good even on my smaller size wrist (16.5cm)... I just tried it on for fun, then I got surprised... I had not even considered it as a choice for me earlier, but since I tried it on I’m scratching my head...
    So... PO owners: can you use your PO as an everyday watch? I’m working in an office environment. Casual, mostly shirt, jeans... etc.
    Also any other input or good advise is welcome!

2. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 30, 2018

Not really sure what your concern is. Yes it will get swirlies in the clasp and yes you will bang it off the odd door frame but unless you are really unlucky it won’t mark up, well the clasp will but that is inevitable.

I wear a 60th LE Seamaster as a day to day watch and have had no issues. I have a PO too and would have no problem wearing it day to day but then I am not a special forces opeartive or rock climber so it would be under little risk of damage.

PeterT likes this.
  3. Supah Sep 30, 2018

Like cars, shoes, iPhones etc. watches are to be used and yes get scratches if that’s your concern.

If your concern is if it will suit your style, I quote the great John Mayer: ‘I pick up dog poop wearing a Patek’.

PeterT likes this.
  4. PeterT Sep 30, 2018

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, my concern is not really the chances of damage, but more of a weight, wearing a shirt, typing on a computer kind of stuff... so really the everyday scenarios.

5. PeterT Sep 30, 2018

Thanks for your answer! You’re right... if I plan to use it (and I certainly plan to do so) then it’ll have scratches sooner or later. That’s OK, I’m not building a museum here. :) My question goes more for the everyday scenarios, like typing on a computer keyboard, wearing it with long sleeves or a pullover etc. Do you ever have the feeling that: Oh I don’t take my 60th anniversary watch as I’ll not be able to do X & Y as it’s too heavy, thick etc?
    These are my only concerns. I don’t want to buy a super expensive paperweight what I would not use regularly. :)

6. drhombus24 Sep 30, 2018

It’s a heavy watch, but you get used to it quick. I really enjoyed wearing something that substantial everyday. I really miss mine..... C2175961-95FB-4AC0-909F-18FEAAF91043.jpeg

PeterT likes this.
  7. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 30, 2018

I personally don’t do that. I don’t have a dog so to do so would more than a little weird.

PeterT likes this.
  8. PeterT Sep 30, 2018

Looks awesome! Why did you sell?

9. drhombus24 Sep 30, 2018

I had the 45.5mm version, and it was a bit too big for my wrist. I’ve tried on the new 43.5 and I really liked that size. I just couldn’t justify spending an extra 1500$ for essentially the same watch that is 2 mm smaller, so I didn’t get the new one. Bought a speedmaster instead, but I may trade that in for a PO soon.

PeterT likes this.
  10. Sublime_1 Sep 30, 2018

Well...now your going to end up with both, so problem solved. I don't think many of us collectors can seek one, fall in love with another and forget about number 1 ;)

PeterT likes this.
  11. PeterT Sep 30, 2018

Hehe... :) Nice, thanks for the advice! :D

12. JamieG Oct 2, 2018

I sold my 42mm PO (8500 movement) because I felt it was too tall and heavy. Do I miss it? Now and then I do but mostly the colours rather than the watch itself.

I don’t miss the bulk

PeterT likes this.
  13. Wivac Terribly special Oct 2, 2018

It's a 42mm, but yes, hell yes you can. Weight not an issue.
    This taken yesterday, to prove some kind of point...

20181002_195111.jpg
    PeterT likes this.
  14. nurseford25 Oct 2, 2018

I wear my 42mm most days. No issues from my perspective.
    FC4CE566-E12D-4E75-9FB6-2A90EFFD41B5.jpeg

PeterT likes this.
  15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 2, 2018

As a 45.5 POC owner my concerns are it fitting under some dress shirts.

I take watches off when I type.

PeterT likes this.
  16. foxtrot Oct 2, 2018

Do not fall in the mistake to be ´too much forum influenced’ about the thickness. I was so focused about the thickness reading the forums, that that was the only item I see at the AD, and desist of the buying many times…I finally close my eyes and buy it, best watch I have ever have.

I own sm300, sub-C, Tudor BB, all thinner, but my PO is the beater of them all. Its aesthetics are far away better, so enjoyable, each corner is nicer, modern, contemporary.

The thickness, it is not a problem in my experience.

POW2..jpg
    drhombus24, PeterT, Wivac and 3 others like this.
  17. nurseford25 Oct 2, 2018

I agree, don’t let all the forum comments about thickness get in your head. Yes it would be great if the last two generations kept the proportions of the 2500 but it’s not that big of a deal.

PeterT, Wivac and Foo2rama like this.
  18. PeterT Oct 3, 2018

Thanks for the lots of answers and sharing your experience! Overall I went to the OB again, tried and now I think I'm settling on the smaller PO 39.5mm. Somehow it just looks better on my wrist than the big one. (As I mentioned at the beginning I have small wrists... the 43.5 looks good too, but somehow the 39.5mm looks better with steel bracelet.)

However they do not have it in blue... it seems it's quite hard to find. Trying to order one now... hopefully it will work out fine. :)

nurseford25 likes this.
  19. Ctarant Oct 3, 2018

I love the blue PO and do not find the 43.5 too big as it fits quite comfortably. But you need to determine which feels better on your wrist.

[​IMG]

PeterT and nurseford25 like this.
  20. Agentmeister4 Oct 3, 2018

My PO is my everyday watch. 43.5 isn't that big and the nato strap helps reduce the weight. 20180501_123134.jpg

PeterT likes this.