Hi there!
    Here's what I know about this watch:
    - caliber 28 (later renamed 360) produced ca. 1944
    - ref. 2396 checked on omega vintage database, everything seems ok
    - crown unsigned, seller says it's normal for the time
    - case unpolished to his knowledge
    - come with Omega box and signed buckle
    Now here's what bugs me:
    - although i really like the patina the dial looks really good for a 40s watch. The same seller sold a vintage JLC with a similar patina a few weeks ago.
    - I couldn't find a lot of info on the caliber but it seems in a really good shape for its age

This would be my very first vintage watch. I've been looking mostly at Seamasters so i'm kind of clueless regarding Omegas this old.
    The auction currently sitsat 141€, 2 days left.
    Any thoughts?

barmy likes this.
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 11, 2015

Here is my opinion:

1. I think the dial is original. Just the right amount of yellowing for a 60+ year old dial and the condition seems to match that of the movement.

2. The buckle looks to be original Omega, but from the 1970's. These have value on their own, but it definitely not original to this watch.

3. Box is from the 1960's most likely. Again, it is made for Omega, just not for this watch.

4. The 28mm caliber is correct for the watch, and is uncommon. Looks very nice.

The seller did a nice job in creating a package of Omega items for sale. I would buy this watch at €141. I doubt it will stay at that price.
    gatorcpa

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 11, 2015

A nice clean watch, but as gator says not all the pieces fit together as neatly as the seller may have portrayed.

Buckle and box worth close to $100 together.

Likely to be plenty of last second bidding on this one.

4. maxg037 Feb 12, 2015

Thanks for the insights!
    The seller actually never said the box and buckle are original to this particular watch. The strap is an omega too, signed.
    I'll definitely monitor this one, the auction is already at 201€