Forums Latest Members
  1. taz101 Oct 24, 2015

Hey Guys,

So looking for peoples opinion on my 3rd (and hopefully!) last watch to complete my mini obsession, ahem, collection!? To clarify. I have the Seamaster Professional and SM300 'Spectre' so far.

Picked up this gorgeous 3 piece watch box from Omega boutique, Oxford Street today to do them justice and wondering what would compliment the pieces?
    All advise welcome!!

Rick

IMG_5068.JPG
  2. zrleopold Oct 24, 2015

I think the answer is pretty obvious here: Speedmaster.

Taddyangle, nlogax, LawBrk and 7 others like this.
  3. shutterlife Oct 24, 2015

Definitely a speedmaster.

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 24, 2015

Speedie!

5. alam Oct 24, 2015

You think buying a three-watch case will prevent you from going after other watches? Trust me, many of us around here tried that trick and failed...and yes, you need a chronograph as a third watch.. :cool:

Garv, George.A, wx_073 and 1 other person like this.
  6. sensui Oct 24, 2015

I'm screwed since I bought a ten watch case lol. Definitely speedy up next.

Garv likes this.
  7. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Oct 24, 2015

I could pretend to be genuinely concerned about what features you value most in a watch (clearly you like dive watches) but I'm just going to follow the herd and say Speedmaster because it's awesome.
    Or a Grand Seiko.
    Just kidding! I HATE when Seiko fan-boys come out of left field with their alternative wriststyles...Guess that makes me a Swisshole...

8. taz101 Oct 24, 2015

I thought Speedie might be the consensus :) I nearly went for the Goodplanet today but it's quite heavy compared to the others. Must admit I'd LOVE to somehow get the 50th anniv Bond diver and replace my standard one but I will have to go second hand?

IMG_5053.JPG
  9. Riviera Paradise Oct 24, 2015

Speedmaster and then another watch box:)

nlogax and Garv like this.
  10. taz101 Oct 24, 2015

When you all say Speedmaster are you referring to the Moonwatch or?

11. zrleopold Oct 24, 2015

Yes. For me personally, I would go for the classic hesalite moonwatch.

12. taz101 Oct 24, 2015

Thanks for the reply. I actually tried that on in Omega today. Cool presentation box and I love how its a homage to the original but for me I cant be bothered with manual wind and it was quite light compared to my other two. She actually had one of the Apollo 11 Anniv limited editions somehow and pulled the window blind up only to realize it had been sold! Looked beautiful in the magazine I read on the way up there!

13. jaymyms Oct 24, 2015

Speedy Pro

14. Superdoc Oct 24, 2015

Genuine Advice?... Deville - Tresor/prestige/hour vision - whatever it is, it should be a Dress Watch...

The two you have are effectively interchangeable. A speedy pro would be equally interchangeable - dark face sportwatch...

There is no setting where you could wear one of these, and not the other(s)... but when dressed up, every man needs a dress watch.

If you're not one to dress up often... I would say a Master Co-axial AquaTerra with silver Opaline dial - put it on Black leather and it could pass for a dress Watch... on Bracelet, you've got a great Casual watch, and a light face -

But at the same time... you always have to choose with your heart, not your mind... if too much practical and logical thought was injected into this hobby, we'd all be finished...

15. kflo Oct 24, 2015

Speed master for sure! Great work

16. jud Oct 24, 2015

^^^^
    Good advice Superdoc.

17. taz101 Oct 24, 2015

Great advise. Well, funny you should say AT as I think I have just fallen for this! I know reactions are mixed on it but I am a sucker for blue and decided I want to invest in Bond limited editions as they hold their value and my plan is to keep all three and hand them down hopefully so my plan is now to grab the Spectre AT..sell my standard blue prof..get a second hand 50th ann bond SP..(holds breath)

maxresdefault.jpg omega-seamaster-professional-james-bond-007-50th.jpg
  18. Riviera Paradise Oct 24, 2015

Perhaps we should request @taz101 to detail what he is looking for and how he intends to use his watches within his lifestyle context.

His current SM 300 on a bracelet or a Barenia OEM strap, a standard speedy or speedy XI-45th with a nice leather/croc strap or a GSOTM could be used with more formal attire as well as a more casual / weekend watch.

Another Omega watch that just occurred to me is the new Globemaster blue dial SS. Seems to fill the business watch / formal wear niche nicely, perhaps making more of a statement than an Hour Vision or AT.

Omega_Globemaster_bluedial_front_560.jpg

I personally find the YG and RG Tresor more of a blazer and slacks watch due to the warm tones (gold and brown strap), although the WG monochromatic version could certainly be used for dress watch occasions as a certain Mr Clooney demonstrated during his Venezian celebration. However, as I am not an Omega Brand Ambassador;), I would prefer a JLC Reverso UT Duoface or a Tribute to 1931 for a dress watch role, which brings me to a final observation: we are also all assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that he intends to purchase an Omega watch for spot 3 in the "Omega" watch box. If there is the option to branch out to other brands a JLC Master Control Black dial (photo below) or a Rolex Explorer I could be interesting options a for a dress up and down watch.
    005.jpg

Pandora´s box is now well and truly open:)

19. Riviera Paradise Oct 24, 2015

Oops @taz101 ...didn´t see your post above before I wrote my long-winded effort above, sorry!:oops:

The AT would be a great choice as well!

20. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Oct 25, 2015

Nope. Speedmaster. He can learn to wind a watch, and LOVE IT.
    Hence the post in the "Modern Omega And No Other Brand Whatsoever" forum.
    All smart-butt comments aside, there are some choice recommendations here, and I like the OP's idea to collect the Bond editions. The ones in the photo above are tastefully done and beautifully executed.
    @taz101, you know Snoopy was also a secret agent...
    [​IMG]
    Maybe this one?
    [​IMG]
    :)

taz101, hugo and Which Watch Next like this.