Forums Latest Members

3870.50.31or Tin Tin Moonwatch

1. Pun Aug 17, 2016

Hi. My friend needs help in deciding between these two Speedmasters. Both are available and are of similar price. Please suggest your choice with reason if possible. Regards

I've mistakenly posted a similar thread in the review section here but I thought I'd get better response from here where the topic actually belongs. I'm sorry.

38705031.png 31130423001004.png
  2. Ree Aug 17, 2016

If it's a daily I'd say Tin Tin. It's more special and works really well with plenty of straps :)

3. Pun Aug 17, 2016

Thank you dear. I was inclined towards the first one all black speedy thinking that it would be more classic speedy for daily. But perhaps you're right Tin Tin might look better.

4. Ree Aug 17, 2016

I'd say it also depends on the watch personality you're looking for. The classic piece is surely timeless and well-suited for any occasion. The Tin Tin, meanwhile, with its racing dial, is much sportier and livelier. Some might also argue the Tin Tin is harder to find.

5. Pun Aug 17, 2016

Now there is a dilemma. Timeless vs sporty moonwatch. I don't know. Let's wait and see what other mates say about the choice. Thanks

6. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 17, 2016

When faced with this choice I went with the classic one.

And 6 months later I picked up the Tin Tin, and got an Omega leather strap and deployant.

The Tin Tin has my go to since I bought it. The classic never sees the light of day.

Pun likes this.
  7. gostang9 Aug 17, 2016

If I could only have one of these, it would be the 3870.50.30 all day, every day for me.

The tin-tin would be okay as an occasional sporty option to "kick-it-up-a-notch" but it wouldn't work as a daily wearer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. Gavlin Aug 19, 2016

For daily wear 3870.50.30 more versatile but if u want something different then the Tintin. That said choose what u like

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Foo2rama likes this.
  9. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Aug 19, 2016

I'm still very intrigued by the Tintin. Looks good and there's the 'controversy' over the withdrawal of approval from Herge. I have been on the point of buying one a few times now, but I keep postponing in the hopes that I'll find a 3570.40, the dial of which is just that bit more attractive. However, if I didn't already have a Speedy, I'd want to have a 'standard' Pro as first choice - it's the classic, just-right look after all.

10. Pun Aug 19, 2016

He bought Tin Tin today. Now since I already have Tin Tin, should I buy 3870.50.30 for myself or not? I mean if its something that will be rarer in future as the company has stopped production, and therefore may become an investment. Please advise. Regards

11. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Aug 19, 2016

I don't believe in buying these kind of watches for investment purposes. I only go for what I like the look of and/or the inspirational (e.g. specific space missions etc) link interests me. The recent Special/Limited Editions from my viewpoint tend to be poorly justified and undermine the integrity of Omega and the company's respect for its own history and traditions.

Pun likes this.
  12. nima0071 Aug 19, 2016

This one:cool: BS9A2984.JPG

13. manivxr Aug 19, 2016

Go classic. You won't regret it.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Pun and Foo2rama like this.
  14. Pun Aug 19, 2016

Okay. Is there any difference between 3870.50.30 and later introduced with bracelet in big box that includes extra straps and loup etc? That is around $700 more expensive. Now which one is worth buying. Decision decision and decision... it's not easy to buy a watch dear. Thanks for your input. Regards

15. gostang9 Aug 19, 2016

I recently bought the new version from a grey seller. For me, I figured the small extra expense is easily justified when you consider any watch more than 5 years old should really go for a service... The new presentation box is impressive (I'm thinking of making an insert so I can use it as a watch storage case) and the included loupe and strap changing tool are a nice bonus. All in all very well worth it to spend a little extra and get a new one - plus, then it comes with no marks and scratches and there's some joy in knowing every mark in a watch is made by yourself (because they will happen).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Pun Aug 19, 2016

Great. Your idea of innovative use of the box is good. Please post a photo of the same when you do that. I'm getting the first one also from the dealer, a new piece, but your suggestion of taking the latter one with box and accessories is a good one. Since the first one on leather strap is a discontinued model the dealer has last piece and I had to rush if I wanted to buy that one. The new model with box is current model and I have no pressure to buy immediately. I bought Tin Tin watch last month only. In fact that watch made me read about Speedmaster history and fratellowatches.com compelled me to add a classic model to my collection of 15 watches...that in fact I want to reduce. I don't know. Each watch has a story behind and I can't just wish them away. I could sell only one watch so far..a Ulysses Nardin marine chronometer. Thanks again.