Forums Latest Members
  1. ritsuki Nov 13, 2015

I recently picked up a 3592.50 with box but no papers.

Did a lot of research on the watch and was pretty sure about what I was buying. After carefully going over the pictures provided I was pretty sure about it's authenticity.

I liked the fact that it had the long "r" on the dial and thought that it was a lucky 3592.50 with an old stock long "r" dials. I saw a blurry serial number on the movement in one picture, and though the case had no serial number on the 7:00 lug I thought it was just mosaic'd/ blurred out.

Low and behold when I received the watch in the mail, there was not case number to be found anywhere. Just a 48251XXX movement number. The watch doesn't look like it's been polished.

Perhaps it's a fake?

I read on this forum that early reference Apollo XI 3592.50s are numbered on display caseback with AXXXX. Not on the case itself. Perhaps this watch has it's display back replaced?

Any insight is truly appreciated.
    *Sorry for the bad pictures. My iPhone 5 doesn't take macro shots very well.

IMG_5619.JPG IMG_5623.JPG
    fskywalker likes this.
  2. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Nov 14, 2015

First of all relax as it is real. Also the serial engravings on the lug didn't start until about 1992 or so. On the movement itself you should be able to see the serial engraved on a bridge.

Your serial matches the 1991 time frame which fits the criteria of why you don't see the engraving on the backside of the lug.

fskywalker, sliceoftime_ and ritsuki like this.
  3. ritsuki Nov 14, 2015

Thanks so much for the help.

I've been practically having an anxiety attack thinking that I've been duped.

I even brought the watch down to the main Omega Boutique in Tokyo to ask them to see if there was anything that I missed.

They promptly showed it to a technician who opened up the case and did a quick check on its condition.

They confirmed that there was no case number serial even on the inside of the display caseback. And that I would still be able to get an Extract of the Archives with just the movement serial number.
    They also told me that there was a case reference number inside that was ST345.0808. They also confirmed what you said. There are watches of this reference that don't have case numbers on the lug.

Best of all they resized my bracelet for free and said that as it is authentic, and if it ever needs any servicing I can bring it back to the Omega Boutique at any time.

Phew! Crisis averted!

Thank you for your help! I can now finally enjoy my 1st Speedy without any suspicions!

fskywalker likes this.
  4. base615 Nov 14, 2015

Don't listen to Kringkily, it's clearly a fake, I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands for 50 bucks ;)

Enjoy it mate, nice watch.

fskywalker and ritsuki like this.
  5. ritsuki Nov 14, 2015

Ha! Thanks!
    Now on to getting a genuine Omega deployant clasp.
    I wonder if Omega makes shiny black alligator deployment strap with white stitching? Time to scour the forum for more answers! :)

fskywalker likes this.
  6. sliceoftime_ Nov 14, 2015

Congrats on the watch! Love the 3592!