Forums Latest Members
  1. NormanH May 27, 2019

I bought this on Ebay over 10 years ago. I keep hearing great things about this calibre, and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me. I know the crown is not original, but I guess that shows it has been maintained. I am currently wearing it full time - I have a classic car that I know is better for being used: does the same apply for watches?? 20180127_012337.jpg

jeppehh likes this.
  2. Vitezi May 27, 2019

Hi @NormanH and welcome to the forum!

The Omega caliber 33.3 was developed and manufactured by sister company Lemania, and was a mainstay of chronograph production for Lemania, Omega, and Tissot from the late 1930s well into the mid-1940s. I cannot tell much from the one picture you have provided, but I suspect the hands have been changed at some point in its long life, and perhaps it has been partially repainted (redialed). This was commonly done back in the day.

Nevertheless, you have a lovely watch. If you are wearing it regularly and have not serviced it since you bought it, you should consider having a watchmaker look it over. Just like a classic car, the moving bits inside the watch should be checked periodically for wear/tear and relubricated, as the oils tend to dry out.