Forums Latest Members
  1. drhex Dec 2, 2016

My 145-012 is back from service and the regulator is set all the way to R - can this be right? Didn't check time keeping yet, it surely isn't off by minutes a day.
    Thanks,
    Florian

2. cimo Dec 2, 2016

This may not be the answer you were looking for, but if your watch just came back from service then I would not hesitate to call your watchmaker and ask. I'm sure they would be able to answer your question and hopefully allay any fears that your watch was not treated properly.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 3, 2016

Ideally the regulator should be centered when you are done. If it's all the way to R (retard) then it was running fast and had to be slowed down. Unless you know why it was running fast, you don't know what can be done to resolve this.

If all else is right with the watch, then timing washers can be added to the balance to slow it down, which then allows you to move the regulator towards the A and get it centered, but this is only after everything else is checked and resolved.

Cheers, Al

Jwit likes this.
  4. drhex Dec 4, 2016

Thanks for your feedback! Gained about a minute dial up over night, so even full R isn't enough apparently.
    Watch has been back once already as the hour totalisator wasn't working and reset could be operated while chrono running. I'll call them tomorrow, let's see what they say.
    Florian

5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 4, 2016

Could it be the person who did the work is not as familiar with 321's as he thinks?

wsfarrell likes this.
  6. drhex Dec 5, 2016

Not really, they are considered the go to people in UK.