Forums Latest Members
  1. dbeugli Apr 10, 2019

It sounds like Nisbets in Seattle can not longer service the Omega 321 movement. They do not have access to parts and said they would ship to Bienne. Who will service a vintage 145.012 Speedmaster while not swapping out all the parts? Preferably West Coast? Thanks.

Etp095 likes this.
  2. wsfarrell Apr 10, 2019

World Time in San Jose CA has done several for me. All had chrono creep before service; none after. Highest possible recommendation.

Etp095 likes this.
  3. dbeugli Apr 10, 2019

Thanks that is exactly what I am looking for. But are there any closer to the Pacific Northwest? I really like to get a feel for the people who would work on it!

4. wsfarrell Apr 10, 2019

I don't know of any, but hopefully others will chime in.

5. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Apr 10, 2019

Personally, I would go with recommendations from expert collectors, on this forum, rather than my own "feel". I took their advice with regard to service, and it worked out very well for me and my 321 Speedmaster.:)

6. jeppehh Apr 11, 2019

Hope I'm not hijacking your thread @dbeugli, but I'm looking for something similar in Nothern Europe (EU). I'm in Denmark.
    If anyone has recommendations, I would be happy to hear them.

7. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 11, 2019

Then best to start a new thread - Although many will recommend sending to Simon Freese while UK is still in Europe...

8. jeppehh Apr 11, 2019

Thanks @Spacefruit . I was unsure of the etiquette here, as it could be seen as a broad topic for servicing of 321s.
    I'll start another thread.

9. sxl2004 Apr 11, 2019

Chronodeco in Oregon.

AveConscientia likes this.
  10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 11, 2019

There's really nothing special about servicing a Cal. 321. As chronographs go it's very straightforward. If any challenges arise, it's usually because of condition rather than due to the complexity of the movement - for example "chrono creep" is solved by simply cleaning and lubricating the movement and requires no special attention (in other words it solves itself when the movement is properly serviced).

If parts are needed Omega does still have a few, but others are long discontinued, so whatever watchmaker you take it to, they will have to find whatever is needed.

Cheers, Al

Omegafanman and Etp095 like this.
  11. dbeugli Apr 11, 2019

Any idea why Nisbets will no longer service 321? They are the go to people here in the PNW. Seems some people can get parts but others cant?

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 11, 2019

For official Omega service centers, the Cal. 321 is a "Bienne only" caliber, so Omega service centers will not service them. Independent watchmakers are not bound by such rules, so many watchmakers who have Omega parts accounts will still service these (myself included).

They used to be an Omega service center, and from what I have seen from others who have taken watches there, they still appear to adhere very closely to Omega service center policies.

Again even with a parts account, not all parts are available, and some places don't want to spend the time/energy hunting for parts. The time someone spends hunting for parts is time they could be making money servicing a modern Speedmaster or some other watch...

13. dbeugli Apr 11, 2019

Looking at his web page Craig has retired. I am basically trying to have an in person meeting with whoever I end up working with. I am tired of the over the phone and mailing back and forth.

Edited Apr 11, 2019
  14. sxl2004 Apr 11, 2019

Oh good news for Greg, bad news for the community.

Etp095 likes this.
  15. rbob99 Apr 12, 2019

Kelly Hunter (artofthewatch.com) in Portland, OR is excellent. He recently overhauled a cal 321 for me and has serviced several of my other watches.

16. demollo Apr 26, 2019

Any watchmakers in Germany/Czech Republic/Poland that could handle the 321 and have Omega account to get parts that you could recommend ?