Forums Latest Members
  1. dantaspaulo Nov 13, 2013

Hi all,

Just came across this. Is it a redial? Seller claims it's powered by a 30T2, but there are no pictures of the movement. Since the price seems to be really fair for Brazilian standards (USD 270) would you say this is a go?

Thanks for your input!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Nov 13, 2013

That looks like an original dial to me and the price is a good one.

3. ulackfocus Nov 13, 2013

If that's a redial it's a damn good one.

I'd want to make sure the case was an original Swiss one, and not a locally made replacement. You'd need to show us the inside of the case back.

4. dantaspaulo Nov 13, 2013

5. John R Smith Nov 13, 2013

Gold plate, is it? The movement is perhaps one of the 26x series (30T2 descendants). Only odd thing is no 'Swiss' or 'Swiss Made' on the dial.

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Nov 13, 2013

Not odd at all - it was actually more common for the early manual winds to not have swiss or swiss made printed on the dial.

7. dantaspaulo Nov 13, 2013

The seller has replied saying he's unable to provide pictures of the movement since he's not a watchmaker and does not want to open the watch. What do you guys think? Is it worth the risk?

8. John R Smith Nov 13, 2013

I stand corrected ;)

9. John R Smith Nov 13, 2013

Well, with a snap-on back if you don't know what you are doing, you can really make a mess of the case. So although this might be an indicator that the movement is in a bad way, it could also be that he is genuinely unsure about doing it. Look at it this way - the 30T series are a bunch of very rugged movements and there are still plenty of spares available. So there is probably nothing wrong with it that can't be fixed. However, the fixing could cost you $150 -200 USD on top of the selling price. It really depends how much you like the watch - it's never going to be worth very much, if it is gold plate. S/steel will sell for more.

P.S. I notice from your photos that the watch does actually run. This is always a hopeful sign :cool:

dantaspaulo likes this.
  10. dantaspaulo Nov 14, 2013

Thanks, John et al. I bought it and it should arrive in a few days and then I'll be able to take some (poor) photos of the movement and caseback. Even though this watch is not extraordinary or anything it will replace the horribly redialed 30t2 I bought as my first vintage Omega. :)

11. John R Smith Nov 14, 2013

It may not be extraordinary but it is still very appealing. I look forward to seeing more detailed pictures and also finding out just what the movement is.

dantaspaulo likes this.