Forums Latest Members
  1. TexOmega Sep 25, 2014

inside case back (Copy).JPG Long pointed lugs (Copy).JPG Case back (Copy).JPG movement (Copy).JPG Omega (Copy).JPG

Google can't help, so I throw it to the collectors......Anybody have this ref?

Very nice 80 microns of gold plate.

Varasc likes this.
  2. TexOmega Sep 25, 2014

Stumped the panel?

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 25, 2014

Gents' leather strap

Reference
    DW 2497
    International collection
    Movement
    Type: Manual winding (mechanical)
    Caliber number: 260 / 265
    Cal. 260
    Created in 1941, 15 jewels
    Cal. 265
    Created in 1949, 15 jewels
    Functions
    Subsecond
    Case
    Gold-filled
    Case back
    Press-in
    Dial
    Not available
    Crystal
    Hesalite
    Bracelet
    Leather
    Water resistance
    No
    [​IMG]

4. TexOmega Sep 25, 2014

Thank you for the information.

I had narrowed mine down to circa 1948, but was stunned at the lack of postings for the ref # 2497.

I would have assumed this would have sold well since it was/is such a handsome dress watch (36mm excluding crown)with Omega's classic workhorse movement, yet over the several forums and around the web, pretty much zilch.

Is there any way to find out production numbers and what market Omega sold this into?

I assume,Steve, you would have posted a picture if you had one. I always enjoy your postings and pictures.

Maybe additional dial variations will show up as this thread is read.

And, if you can believe it, Ofrei has a "genuine Omega crown" for it.

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 5, 2014

Just realized I do have this reference - same configuration 80 micron gold plate case. It is indeed a nice size looking even larger with the thin bezel.

[​IMG]

TexOmega and aga79 like this.
  6. TexOmega Dec 6, 2014

Two variations or which is a redial, mine or yours? 30T2 PC circa 1948.JPG

7. TexOmega Dec 6, 2014

8. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 6, 2014

Dial variants very common for omega during this time period. Mine is original and yours looks like it might be a redial.

9. TexOmega Dec 6, 2014

I like the clean design, the dial and furniture project while the case and bezel recedes.

What characteristics concern you? It seems to have the original butler finish on the dial.

10. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 6, 2014

Fonts and omega symbol, some of the dial furniture look like they have a bit of white paint and the numbers don't seem to have been properly filled with the gold paint.

11. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 6, 2014

1. No "Swiss Made" on the dial, although this is not definitive.

2. Logos not really centered under the "12".

3. Fonts don't look right. Originals are much sharper.

4. Not sure if these dials had a "Butler" finish originally. That was more of an American watch thing. Omega used natural lacquers that frequently yellowed under normal UV exposure. That's why we see so many redials.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

12. TNTwatch Dec 6, 2014

5. The second markers are a bit off to the left of the sub-dial while the 30 second marker is not lined up with the 30 minute one. These most likely can only be noticeable under magnification and not with normal eyes about 1-2 feet away.

13. Tresdaddy May 22, 2016

I havent seen two exactly alike yet...there is always at least some subtle difference...if not totally different. Just got a 265 movement & dial this week...it even has the red star...another variant. The dial is nice and aged...and i love it like that too! Redoing them is cool too tho! But this one has a great patina look I think. And since I want this for me and not to sell...if I cant find the original case I wont cry about it. But a new case will be cool!

$_3-1.jpg
  14. Tresdaddy May 22, 2016

Also...it looks better in person and this pic is bad. Did yours have an Omega symbol on the crown or no? This one doesnt...i do want that