Forums Latest Members
  1. Rman Jul 28, 2014

I have been reading these forums for a while and am quite humbled by the collective knowledge here.
    Speedmasters attracted me to Omega like many here, and that appreciation has led me down the road... to this latest purchase.
    It's a screwback 2410-2 with a very nice redial IMHO, and I believe that the watch is correct except for the crown. I have scoured the internet for another two-tone scientific dial with this layout, I am quite smitten with it. I'd like to believe that the redialer worked from the original layout.
    Any feedback or educational information on this piece would be very welcome--- it's nice to be here--- and I pledge to better my photographic skills:)

DSCF1280.jpg DSCF1283.jpg

2. mac_omega Jul 29, 2014

Hello and welcome to the forum.

yes, you are right with your assumption that the watch is correct except the winding crown and the obvious re-dial.
    I have a weak spot for these chronometers myself and had this watch on my radar too but decided not to buy it because of the re-dial.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - I have to disagree about the quality of the dial restoration.
    This is no way near the original and the re-dialer did a lousy "fantasy" job...
    And the chance to find a correct replacement dial is near to zero.

kind regards
    Erich

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 29, 2014

4. Rman Jul 29, 2014

Haha. nope. Thought I had an original handle.

5. Rman Jul 29, 2014

Thanks for the response Erich, I would love to see a picture of the dial you are referring to as the original with arabics. Secondly, I wonder if the the rhabilleurs at Omega restoration could reproduce a likeness of the original? Have to admit I kinda like this lousy dial.

6. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jul 29, 2014

[​IMG]

It belongs to Kyle, you can ask him for more details

Schlotkins, Hotwheelbill and Waynepjr like this.
  7. mac_omega Jul 29, 2014

Hoi has posted a correct one - see above! But there is also one with radial numbers on a brushed circle-zone...two-tone silvered dial... Bill Sohne has a nice example of this type - I think he might chime in soon...
    Meanwhile here it is out of an old Omega catalog:
    19_arab_leucht_ext_cadran_7073_radium.jpg

Omega does not restore the dials themselves - it is outsourced to a third party... and these dials are hard to re-print!

Rman likes this.
  8. Rman Jul 29, 2014

Thats the one. So the numbers look lumed as well. Interesting I'm yet to see anyone post with this original crown.

9. mac_omega Jul 29, 2014

They come with lume and without ("mirrored" numbers).

10. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 29, 2014

Erich has several examples of this reference but here is one of mine:

[​IMG]

UncleBuck, Gavin, Waynepjr and 5 others like this.
  11. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 29, 2014

Yes, one obvious no-no in redialing is to have a non-luminous dial with (correct) luminous hands.

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 29, 2014

That's very nice, I like the blued hands

13. Rman Jul 29, 2014

@MSN thats a beaut.