Forums Latest Members

30L dial compatibility across case types?

1. rottengreekfire Jul 20, 2014

Is anyone aware whether the dial diameter (not feet placement)of caliber 30L dials varied between case numbers? I am looking for a replacement dial for my watch and am wondering if I have to worry about a size discrepancy. I was specifically wondering about a difference between case 7855-1 and 7855-2.

2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 21, 2014

Yes, I'd worry if I were you. It is a virtual certainty that the dial diameters varied throughout the model lines, and as I'm sure you know, Longines produced a very high number of 30L powered watches.

Having said that, given the proximity of the two references you mentioned, it is possible that they would be interchangeable. But to play it safe, I'd suggest contacting Longines and see if they can answer your specific question.

citizenrich likes this.
  3. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jul 21, 2014

Trust Tony on this.

he has an insane amount of knowledge regarding in-house Longines + basically any brand of watch with hi-beat movements.

4. ulackfocus Jul 21, 2014

Definitely not guaranteed to fit, but since it's the same base reference there's a very good chance it will work.

citizenrich likes this.
  5. rottengreekfire Jul 21, 2014

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and got the dial I was looking at, since I saw pictures of the same dial style elsewhere with the same case number as mine (not that it's any guarantee). I'll be crossing my fingers.

6. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jul 21, 2014

I was was going to write that the other expert is Dennis ("ULF").

:thumbsup:

Dennis knows just about everything a person can know about Longines...

7. rottengreekfire Aug 4, 2014

My local watch man arrived back from vacation and has ended my anxiety. It is a perfect fit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

citizenrich and Mothra like this.