Forums Latest Members

30 Days On Wrist - Omega Speedmaster Pro 3366.51

1. aesguerra May 23, 2015

Ok. It's been 30(ish) days since I received my Apollo XV 35th Anniversary LE, and I've worn it the vast majority of the time. What can I say... I'm overall one happy camper! :cool:

[​IMG]

It's still somewhat subjective what I have to say here; even this far into it, I'm still a quality-watch newb. Still, the 3366.51 just feels far more solidly built than my other watches. No clinks of the bracelet as it sat on my wrist, the issues with the clasp. As opposed to the mushiness of my Seiko, the chrono pushers give a very solid thunk-feedback when used - there's no guessing when I activate it. She winds smoothly and runs well, maybe a few seconds fast per day. Lume is not as powerful as I hoped, but it's more than adequate when my eyes are night-adjusted. And for overall fit, maybe it's the way the caseback crowns as opposed to the more flat casebacks of my other watches, but it just feels more confortable.

Downsides? Really only one. While I commited myself to making it a daily wearer, I still had major problems getting over the paranoia of scratching my 3366.51. It is after all a quality piece, and while replacing things is possible, bringing "quality" back to par costs more than a few nickels. It wasn't until recently when I swapped out the bracelet for a cordura strap that this was wrangled under control. Now I only have to worry about being mindful of where the case itself is; I highly recommend this approach if you have this same fear.

Less of a downside but wirthy of note is the following. I do enjoy the fact that my Speedy differs from the standard-issue ones. It stands out from the crowd, making it more an individual watch that I can call my own. Still, as Watch Snob (and many here) stated, "The Speedmaster is like a good single malt; if you're not going to take it neat, don't take it at all."

Needless to say, acquiring a Plain Jane caseback with the sexy-plexi IS my next goal. Can never have too many Speedys, right? :D

Regards,

Alex

Kofosu, GregH, Tik-Tok of Oz and 4 others like this.
  2. Clibka Aug 18, 2016

I love that first picture. Great looking watch, congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. chows99 Aug 19, 2016

I love your watch! It has the looks of a Speedy and yet stands out from the standard issues. Hope you wear it in good health!