Forums Latest Members
  1. absoluteczech Jan 2, 2019

I posted here a month ago saying that I received my new speedmaster pro, however she differently rang in the new year with a bang. I went to wind her up in the morning as I always do, and left it on my night stand. Went to put it on as we were heading out for the evening and noticed the time was off. Thought maybe it died, so I wound it and it only turned a few more times before it was full wound. Noticed the second hand wasn't moving. Pulled the crown out and nothing.

She was dead. I'm a bit bummed, this is my most expensive watch purchase thus far and also my first watch to have broke on me.

Question, since I bought my watch from a reseller and my AD is "overseas" do I take it to my local Omega Boutique or do I submit a warranty claim directly with Omega and send it in?

superfly likes this.
  2. watchstick_81 Jan 2, 2019

Sorry to hear that! Every AD and OB should accept your watch for repair, as long as it has a valid warranty card, stamped by a valid AD or OB. This can be a problem when it comes from a grey dealer.

Edited Jan 2, 2019
    superfly and Foo2rama like this.
  3. absoluteczech Jan 2, 2019

Thanks, Yea i have a warranty card stamped by an AD, albiet a bit blurry but it's stamped. Thanks! Wasn't aware any AD would accept it.

superfly likes this.
  4. dwboston Jan 2, 2019

They'll accept it for a repair even without a warranty card. You would just be responsible for paying for said repair. ;)

superfly and absoluteczech like this.
  5. absoluteczech Jan 2, 2019

lol touche!

6. dwboston Jan 2, 2019

I dropped my (long out of warranty) Gemini IV off at the local AD back in late November to send to Omega for service/repair. Should have it back by end of the month/early February.

superfly likes this.
  7. Meme-Dweller Jan 2, 2019

Sounds like you got the infamous blurry teal ROB ENGSTROM AB stamp. It'll be fine when you submit it to the local OB. If they ask, say the AD is overseas in Sweden.

drhombus24 and superfly like this.
  8. watchstick_81 Jan 2, 2019

Lol! I’m intrigued and have to ask: what is the Engstrom stamp?

9. absoluteczech Jan 2, 2019

Mine actually from Saudi Arabia lol

10. absoluteczech Jan 2, 2019

AD in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

11. Meme-Dweller Jan 2, 2019

The largest AD that is feeding the gray market from Sweden. They purposely stamp their logo blurry or with low ink, though the one below is slightly clearer than usual.

Capture.PNG 151895a39411c0f60637cdd6ad8e8635.jpg
  12. absoluteczech Jan 2, 2019

Yea I heard about Engstrom, when I got mine from a reseller I was expecting it to be his, but was surprised it wasn't

13. Evitzee Jan 2, 2019

I lived in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia back in the late 80's and even then Omega, along with Rolex, was a big seller with several boutique like outlets. You should have no problem with getting warranty service.

The last Omega I bought had the dealer's name imprinted directly on the card, same black lettering used for the watch and caliber number so it came from the factory that way. It was a large, multi outlet dealer so maybe Omega does that for large volume dealers. It would also cut down on shuffling watches to the grey market.

Edited Jan 2, 2019
  14. Cenzo Feb 18, 2019

If you go on the Omega site and look for stores in Sweden, Rob Engstrom does not come up. Are they really and AD? And if so why are they not listed on the omega website?

superfly likes this.
  15. Meme-Dweller Feb 18, 2019

They got their AD status pulled last year, I foresee their Rolex line being pulled next

20180522_211443.jpg
  16. Meme-Dweller Feb 18, 2019

Anyway, Omega is making changes that I fear will make them more like Rolex.

First, they cut off supply of parts.

Then, they had the METAS/Master Chronometer thing to battle the Superlative Chronometer of Rolex.

Next, they increased the warranty to 5 years on all watches.

They started pulling AD status on some retailers that have been known to feed the gray market, which I think they used to do themselves to get rid of inventory.

Supposedly, they are getting rid of some in-store watchmakers. I know the guy in the Houston OB either quit, got fired, or transferred this week.

I just hope they don't cut Speedmaster supplies and play the high-roller game like Rolex does with their SS models.

superfly likes this.
  17. Evitzee Feb 18, 2019

It's all about the bottom line and Omega is working hard to be like Rolex (tight supply with little discounting). They aren't there yet but are making progress.

superfly likes this.
  18. drhombus24 Feb 19, 2019

Oh so that’s what it says. I’ve never been able to make out the name on my warranty card. Now it makes sense...

Pepe Lucas likes this.
  19. Skyblue44 Feb 20, 2019

Wow, that's an interesting way to go about trying not to be conspicuous. The irony of course being that this actually made them more conspicuous.