Forums Latest Members
  1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 2, 2015

After seeing that amazing price for some 2915 hands on ebay, I would like to ask those who might know, what have I got?

Rather than hijack that thread, I start a new one.

P3020003.jpg
    I was told the set on the left are Omega Service replacements from 1960's - which makes sense given the look.
    On the right I was told these are Original Omega 2915 hands.

I ask for your opinions - and dont hold back. You know I wouldn't.

Thanks!

Here is the ebay image of hands that some people must have thought original:

2915 hands 2.JPG

Any opinions or photos much appreciated

2. ock2915 Mar 2, 2015

I think you have more than 12K€ in those small parts of metal !! Congratulations !!:thumbsup:

TLIGuy likes this.
  3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 2, 2015

Well I suppose that is my question, do I really?

I can assure you if I do it is by pure luck rather than good judgement.....

I am hoping others may share what they have, and what they think they are, and most importantly, why.

4. JG808 Mar 2, 2015

I'm no expert so I'll let them chime in, but if they are original hands (which they look the same to me) then a big Congratulations!

5. TLIGuy Mar 2, 2015

Wow!! Nice investment there Spacefruit. And I thought the $107.50 return on my Timely calendars was good.

Spacefruit likes this.
  6. Psych Mar 2, 2015

I don't know if it helps, but this is the rear view of the hands from my -2, recently featured in the Forum following return from STS. Simon said he couldn't tell if they were original or service replacements, but was confident that they weren't modern. At least one knowledgeable member commented that they looked original. howard22 009.jpg

ock2915 likes this.
  7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 2, 2015

I think, you have to handle them in person. the view from the back tells the story; there are subtle differences in the width of the metal left between the hole and the triangle at the bottom of the hour hand. the metal structure in the back of your hour hand here puzzles me. looks like an old, but custom made job to me. minute hand fine. lots of metal around the hole there. the hour hand should be curved in itself. a bit less the minute hand. never flat. the upper end of the lume triangle slit from the minute hand should be sharply pointed; not slightly curved. but ,again, you should handle these hands, especially for a price like the swiss ones on ebay. which look good to me. kind regards. achim

Spacefruit, ICONO and ock2915 like this.
  8. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 3, 2015

So, anyone else have 2915 hands lying around they can post photos back and front of?

I notice small differences in the shape of the lume, especially at the terminations

9. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 3, 2015

psych, short question: is the strange metal structure on the hour hand maybe an applied sticky tape to secure the lume triangle? kind regards. achim

10. Psych Mar 4, 2015

Thank you Achim.
    I haven't handled the hands (so to speak) myself. The picture was taken during a service. Simon from STS didn't say that there was anything like sticky tape on the hour hand, but he was puzzled by the hands and unable to say whether they were original or not. Your hypothesis that the hour hand could be an old custom-made job seems plausible to me. Thanks for your thoughts. Cheers, Rob