Forums Latest Members
  1. Omegist Jan 23, 2017

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. alam Jan 23, 2017

Italian lira? :(

Kathmandu!, Omegist and West Slope like this.
  3. Omegist Jan 23, 2017

Worth a try..I will make an offer ;)

4. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Jan 23, 2017

9 bracelet pics, zero movement or caseback pics...:cautious:

jurisevac@ likes this.
  5. flyingout Jan 23, 2017

Dial looks right to me. The big S looks strange in one shot and the dial almost looks stepped in some. Looks nice though; I don't recognize it.

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 23, 2017

Must be a typo, but "dial with perfect original tritium. "?

7. tempusfugit861 Jan 23, 2017

Agreed, the dial looks right. I think you're seeing an imperfection in the crystal in the photo where the S has an extra tail. The bezels are being copied, so it's difficult to know, but it looks good. The patina is almost too nice, and the lum in the hands matches the indices better than usual. The lum is also a bit too evenly colored and looks new, and in my experience, radium generally ages with a different color. There are some guys doing amazing work re luming these old dials. I'd suspect this dial and hands have been "re lumed." The price is high, but the truth is, there are none of these for sale for long periods of time and very few in existence. None of us is qualified to say what they are worth. They are worth what someone will pay for them. Owners can ask what they want, and I suspect in the next few years, you'll see a 2915-1 or -2 sell for 200k USD.

Edited Jan 23, 2017
  8. Omegist Jan 23, 2017

I think as well that the dial and hands have been relumed; whoever has done it did a fantastic job!

But I am convinced the base1000 bezel is an aftermarket repro as we have already seen on Ebay in 2015..

9. Tbone Jan 23, 2017

The lume sure does look pretty sweet for a watch over half a century old...

10. JohnSteed Jan 23, 2017

11. BASE1000 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 24, 2017

very nice example, no matter if relumed or not. Hands, dial, pusher and case looks correct to me. The dial is a -1 dial as are the small hands so I bet for a 2915-1. What I do not like is the reengraving of the word Speedmaster on the case back. However the shape of the bevel of the caseback are correct for 2915-1- or -2.

12. Schlotkins Jan 24, 2017

That is one good set of watches wow

13. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jan 24, 2017

What is your opinion regarding the bezel?

14. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jan 24, 2017

So no pic's on the inner caseback and the "Speedmaster" is reengraved?? :eek:

Psych likes this.
  15. BASE1000 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 24, 2017

gemini, that is very hard to tell. It looks very nice and fancy for sure. For my taste it looks a little too much engraved and less etched. Etching was state of the art for the bezels in the old times. The 2nd generation steel bezel (with the round 3) has more serifs in the letters than we can see here. However this bezel terrain has always something pretty hard to tell to me. No matter I would love to own this watch :D

gemini4 likes this.
  16. Omegist Jan 24, 2017

The bezel is a perfect reproduction as we have seen in the past already
    It looks as it just came out of the factory; many of us know the source and there were much more sold in the last years than listed on eBay..these copies are so well done that you can't see a difference to the original ones.

Considering that there are some modified things on this watch like the perfectly relumed dial and hands...the CB engraving etc. makes it quite obvious in my point of view that the mounted bezel is not an original almost NOS bezel from 1957..

17. mac_omega Jan 24, 2017

just a naive question concerning the lume:

Is there anybody capable to do a Radium lume like this?

18. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 24, 2017

Just buy a radium clock on ebay, scrape the radium off and send it along to Hong Kong with your watch dial.

That's where all the Rolexes get done isn't it?

:D

19. Faz Jan 24, 2017

It's so nice it could a nice daily wearer...:cautious:
    By making it this nice a lot of flags come up. A watch that will forever be questioned. A high price to pay for having to continually explain why this and why that?!

20. BASE1000 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 25, 2017

No, I think it is not from this source because his 2nd gen repro has a much better serifs work and is done in the correct technique.
    However, there are always the same discussions about the 2915's bezels and to me this does not matter too much for those watches because it gets more and more clear that it will remain unclear for enternity, how many patterns of bezels Lemania in Orient had in order to fit together those watches for Omega. Case, dial, hands, movement, this is what can be determined precisely and what counts for me. And relumend or not is a dealbraker with old Rolexes for me, not at all with old Omegas. There are many old Speedmasters that have lost completely their lume because the mixture of the material never was that stable and voluminous as it is at old Rolex dials.

Edited Jan 25, 2017
    LiquidSolid likes this.