2915-1 Bezel

Posts
18
Likes
1
Hello

Very long story short - I’ve been searching for many moons for an original 2915-1 bezel to complete my Speedmaster. Obviously it is unobtainable. My question is - if I ever did find one, what would be the realistic price for such an item? I simply tell the watchmakers I meet that I’m willing to pay whatever it takes. Would love to know what they have changed hands for in the past.
Many thanks
 
Posts
1,522
Likes
4,785
Hi
There are good replicas out there, it would scare the life out of me to pay good money and not know 100% if what I am buying is the genuine item or not.
I think every bezel is under question that is seen on the 2915-1s
I still don’t know exactly what I am looking at and I have never seen a guide that would help either.
I have seen so many variations that my mind is blown so I always look at the rest of the watch because that is easier.
Some people claim to know exactly what to look for but understandably they don’t want to share the info because fakers will up their game.
Personally if I had experts tell me the bezel was without question and I had a decent amount of spending money, I would pay £10,000
I know this isn’t really helpful but just my thoughts.
 
Posts
1,911
Likes
3,927
You are very unlikely to find one for sale. I know some people who have been looking for 20 years! However, with such good replicas available many serious collectors no longer attribute any value to the steel bezel on a watch they might be considering. To me that make sense.
If you somehow had a guaranteed genuine one then I’m sure someone would pay tens of thousands for it, but in this game there are no guarantees.
 
Posts
18
Likes
1
Thank you. I doubt I will find one, but I will not give up looking. I read a while ago on one of these forums one was on eBay in Australia - there was no mention of what it sold for. I’ve tried a replica but it just doesn’t do it for me - as I know it’s a replica. I’ve toyed with the idea of buying a beat up 2915-2 take the bezel and sell in the 2915-2, but again a very expensive option. I guess you’re correct in a 10,000 uk $ price - it is that a starting point? I guess whatever it takes !! Has anyone bought one in the last few years I wonder.

How are the Omega bezels regarded that the company uses now as a service bezel?

Thanks
 
Posts
18
Likes
1
Y
If you somehow had a guaranteed genuine one then I’m sure someone would pay tens of thousands for it, but in this game there are no guarantees.

Tens of thousands!!! What would be the top end I wonder
 
Posts
5,671
Likes
9,497
Thank you. I doubt I will find one, but I will not give up looking. I read a while ago on one of these forums one was on eBay in Australia - there was no mention of what it sold for. I’ve tried a replica but it just doesn’t do it for me - as I know it’s a replica. I’ve toyed with the idea of buying a beat up 2915-2 take the bezel and sell in the 2915-2, but again a very expensive option. I guess you’re correct in a 10,000 uk $ price - it is that a starting point? I guess whatever it takes !! Has anyone bought one in the last few years I wonder.

How are the Omega bezels regarded that the company uses now as a service bezel?

Thanks

That one in Australia was $ 18,000. And correct. But with quite a few dents.... Use a good replica. Search for a German guy. He has the best ones.... Forgot his name.
 
Posts
5,026
Likes
18,607
Do you have a picture of your 2915? Just out of curiosity
 
Posts
447
Likes
2,890
here’s my spare 2915 bezel - round top 3 - for reference. the real ones are always acid etched and have a number of other tells that very few people know about.

 
Posts
16
Likes
18
Hello, i am new here. Beside Rolex and Heuer (25 years) i also fell in love with Omega and meanwhile own a few of these beautiful timepieces. Unfortunately i started with Omega only about 10 years ago but i could buy some beautiful speedmasters 2998´s and a magnificant 2915-2 this year. The watch is all original from 1st owner in Venezuela, its a very late -2 but with a black Base 1000 bezel which was installed by this 1st owner in late 1960ties, in mho also all original and in outstanding condition.
The 2915-2 looks very nice with this bezel but anyway i want to buy a blank steel one as a replacement bezel. As i was told the omega anniversary ones doesnt fit, true? But there is a small factory in USA which produces it for about 150 euro and as i read here a guy from germany.
Could anyone pls help and give me advice? who is that german guy?
Thanks ahead, Thomas
 
Posts
16
Likes
18
here’s my spare 2915 bezel - round top 3 - for reference. the real ones are always acid etched and have a number of other tells that very few people know about.
Is this a replacement now? where could i buy such one? thx!
 
Posts
16
Likes
18
Is this a replacement now? where could i buy such one? thx!
...sorry, according to my "Moonwatch Only" bible yours looks original ;-)
is it for sale?
 
Posts
5,671
Likes
9,497
it is original and i’d perhaps consider parting with it.
Good on you to help someone out ! Going Rate here is A$ 12,000 in Worse Condition than yours.
 
Posts
24,802
Likes
55,084
If only the forum have a private messaging feature, so people could do their business privately. 🙄

Good on you to help someone out ! Going Rate here is A$ 12,000 in Worse Condition than yours.
$8,500 USD. I think that would be a bargain, Achim.
Edited:
 
Posts
447
Likes
2,890
If only the forum have a private messaging feature, so people could do their business privately. 🙄
says the guys who chimes in on literally every thread on the forum. give me a break, dude.
 
Posts
24,802
Likes
55,084
says the guys who chimes in on literally every thread on the forum. give me a break, dude.
I'm not your dude, pal. We can all comment however and wherever we want, but business is done privately. You should know that.
 
Posts
447
Likes
2,890
The guy is a brand new member. And there actually was a transition to a DM that happened before your obnoxious commentary. But then again, you generally seem to act like an unfriendly and unwelcoming, know-it-all troll - a reason so many people who once loved this forum don't use it much anymore. I'm sure it doesn't sit well with new members either. Later, dude.
Edited: