Forums Latest Members
  1. 1972Steve Sep 20, 2018

Hello OF,

Can someone tell me if this 2849 Seamaster has a correct color. This is an eBay watch that I’m not interested in purchasing but found the silver color to be different than the standard Egg Shell white with its particular arrow markers. I’ve never seen a silver 2849 with arrow markers unless someone can prove me wrong. Other than that the crown is wrong, it’s been polished and the hands are questionable.

Thank you all for your input.

Steve

2. 1972Steve Sep 20, 2018

3. ConElPueblo Sep 21, 2018

Completely original - has most likely been cleaned, as these are silver originally. Note that there are shadows around all the markers and logo and that most of the lume on the dial is gone. All signs of dial cleaning.

1972Steve, kyle L and Davidt like this.
  4. jimmyd13 Sep 21, 2018

I think that the photos are massively over-exposed creating a misleading idea of the dial. The fonts, markers etc are all correct and there's no reason to think that the dial is wrong, just that the pictures are shitty. As @ConElPueblo has pointed out, the dial has probably been cleaned - look at the "shadows" of dirt around the markers and my only concern re the dial would be that the bad photos are being used on purpose to hide stripes or marks left by the cleaning.

1972Steve likes this.
  5. 1972Steve Sep 21, 2018

Thank you for your help. So to confirm Omega did make a silver dial for the 2849. Does any member have a silver dial 2849 they could post. Thank you everyone as I embark on my new hobby of watches.