Forums Latest Members
  1. warrydog Mar 8, 2019

Good Evening All,
    I Was offered this watch today and had a few questions.
    My primary interest in this watch is for the 5 row BOR bracelet, but was wondering if the unmarked end links looked ok to you guys... and the bracelet for that matter too. It seems kinda stretched relative to several 7 row bracelets I have and also wondered it that was normal.
    The case looks reasonable to me. Slightly polished, but still has some slight and consistent chamfering on the case lugs and seems to have the right crown. The 15 mil serial number seems consistent with the 502 caliber for the reference #. The owner tells me it keeps good time and changes date properly.. Can't tell you about service.
    The bad parts are the crappy redial, and the gold second hand.... Items I can live with IF the price is right (I have yet to determine that).
    Does anything else jump out to anyone? Sorry I don't have better photos...Thanks very much, Tom
    IMG_E2300[1].JPG

IMG_2302[1].JPG IMG_2312[1].JPG IMG_2313[1].JPG

2. warrydog Mar 8, 2019

Now I'm wondering about the hour and minute hands too...

3. ConElPueblo Mar 9, 2019

Apart from the seconds hand and the redial you should be good.

I seem to remember something about unmarked endlinks for 5-link BoRs (I refer to these by the number of rounded beads in the middle rows :) ), so have a search after that subject on here.

warrydog likes this.
  4. cristos71 Mar 9, 2019

Looks like an incorrect beveled bezel to me too. A 2849 should have wide flat bezel, as do most SM's from this period. Big Pass!

OMEGuy, warrydog and apsm100 like this.
  5. warrydog Mar 9, 2019

Thank you both very much for your input... I'm getting better at spotting problems, but I'd have never caught the wrong bezel.
    Have a great weekend,
    Tom