Forums Latest Members
  1. Floridadrew Jun 22, 2020

Good evening guys. Just bought an old Seamaster that needs a new crystal but I can’t seem to find the number. The ref is 2635-10sc, can anyone help me out with the correct crystal number?
    Thanks in advance.

2. SkunkPrince Jun 22, 2020

Cousins lists three...

PN1043 not armored
    PX5000 gold tension ring
    PZ5000 steel tension ring

Since it appears to be a Seamaster, you'll want the armored crystal with the tension ring.

Floridadrew likes this.
  3. Floridadrew Jul 27, 2020

Hey guys. I had my watchmaker put a new crystal in my Seamaster a few weeks ago but it cracked while I was cleaning some dirty off the case. I was wiping off the crystal and noticed the crack. Are these crystals that fragile or do you think something else is wrong? All I did was use a micro fiber cloth to remove some dirty and grime between the lugs and one the case back.

Also, does anyone have a good source for new PZ5000 crystals?

4. SkunkPrince Jul 27, 2020

Probably defective, have your watchmaker send it back.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 28, 2020

Is this an Omega crystal? If so, can you confirm your watchmaker used the correct crystal? Where is it cracked?

6. Floridadrew Jul 28, 2020

I don’t think it is, it’s not signed in the center. I gave him the part number and he confirmed he had a few in stock. It’s cracked at 1 o’clock.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 28, 2020

Take it back and have him get the proper crystal this time...

8. Floridadrew Jul 28, 2020

I would like to find the right one and just have him install it but I’m having a tough time finding one. Do you have any sources? I’m getting to the point where I’d rather learn how to replace my own crystals. I have several watches now that need new crystals.

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 28, 2020

Any watchmaker with an Omega parts account can purchase the crystal directly from Omega, and install it.

As for the open market, you will have to search...