Forums Latest Members
  1. Brendon Feb 1, 2016

Hi all

Firstly apologies if the picture isn't good enough. I have a very aged dial on this one and I can't really tell whether the text has been redone (would have been along time ago). Particularly the omega font.

Cheers

Brendon

image.jpg
  2. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Feb 1, 2016

The case reference 2577 should have a 351 or 354 caliber and both of these have central seconds where your example has sub seconds. What caliber is in your watch?

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 1, 2016

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 1, 2016

Looks like a ref. 2576 - dial has original printing but appears aged and probably chemically cleaned in the past. Here is one example:

[​IMG]

Giff2577 likes this.
  5. peatnick Feb 1, 2016

Hi Brendon,

Font looks right, these had radium and it may have deteriorated damaging the dial or as noted could have been subject to cleaning?

The concentric circles on sub second are correct and the minute markers look right too

Plus the case looks unpolished and you've got a nice BOR bracelet!

6. Brendon Feb 1, 2016

Sorry should have read 2576 not 2577. This has a cal 344 and dates to about 1952. I've amended the title too. Cheers

Giff2577 likes this.
  7. Brendon Feb 1, 2016

Thanks Peter! The case is in excellent sharp condition. Has the incorrect crown (a ten sided one as opposed to the clover - though I've got one of these that I can put on). The dial looks much worse in the photo. The BOR looks nice and fits perfectly - it is however generic with an omega clasp.

Nice to hear from you again and the c case is going strong!

8. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Feb 1, 2016

Not necessarily wrong... many bracelets were made in the country they were sold in.

Tom

9. Brendon Feb 1, 2016

Interesting thanks. I knew they were add ons a lot of the time but didn't realise they were made in country so to speak. The end pieces are stamped 11 but there are no other markings apart from "stainless steel" on the folding bit of the clasp - and of course the omega outer clasp which looks period correct (small omega symbol).