Forums Latest Members
  1. cw_mi Jun 23, 2015

My 300m Seamaster GMT started hanging up at 10:00pm (around there) , did some research and found that this is a common problem with the 1128 Caliber. I guess something goes wrong with the date wheel. I send it off to a watchmaker that was highly recommended, and I actually had used him several times in the past with no issues. Apparently something had changed in his life since the last time I had used him and to make a long story short , close to 8 months later I finally get my watch back. It turned into such a mess I thought the watch was gone and I'd have to press charges. So I now have the watch , was told that the date wheel was replaced and the watch does indeed run, with no more hang ups but now the date does not index unless I pull the crown out to position 2 and index it myself. I'm so frustrated with this situation, and am sickened at the thought of sending the watch out again , obviously to someone different.
    I guess this was more of just a rant, and I am open to some suggestions on where to send it. I'm really tempted to just go thru the local Omega boutique here in the Metro Detroit area.

2. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jun 23, 2015

The Omega route won't be cheap, but it will be done right. Sorry the guy screwed you.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 24, 2015

The hour wheel is what fails on these, not the date wheel:

[​IMG]

Anyway it's a simple fix, so any competent watchmaker can service these watches. Omega is certainly no guarantee of a good job if you read the feedback on forums...

Good luck with the fix.

Cheers, Al

4. cw_mi Jun 24, 2015

Thanks, It might have been myself calling it the wrong part. I don't know when I will send this off, it will be a while though.

5. cw_mi Aug 1, 2016

So it's been over a year now and I haven't done anything with this watch. It is time to get it repaired. Looking for some suggestions. I know I had mentioned the Omega route but am also looking for some other options. I've have dealt with Nesbitt's before and had no issues with them I thought they were a bit pricey for the work done.

6. cwindham Aug 1, 2016

TRUST ME, i feel your pain..... My story was worse and has been back 3 times to the same guy! If i hadnt already paid him, i would have sent it off somewhere else. Its frustrating trying to find a decent watchmaker nowadays. If you can find one the wait is so damn long you might as well buy a new watch.

7. cwindham Aug 1, 2016

I heard someone mention a watchmaker on here in Beverly Hills somewhere and prices were not bad at all. Can anyone chime in??

8. ctpete Aug 1, 2016

One thing to consider is if the watch has not been serviced within the last five or so years, perhaps you should send it in for a complete service. You could tell them about this issue at that time and they can address it during the service.

As to where to take it for service, I have had good luck bringing my Omega watches to either the NYC or Natick Omega Boutique. They send them for service from there. I also have heard very good reports about our own Archer, but not sure he is taking new pieces.

dlg likes this.
  9. cw_mi Aug 2, 2016

Thanks for the replies. It is coming up on 4 years since it's been serviced so I just assumed that would be done as well. Not sure what the last guy did, last year.. probably not much.

10. Stgo2019 Aug 3, 2016

I sent mine to the Omega Service Center for a regular service a few years ago. I had been running fine but was 7yrs old so I decided to have it serviced.
    It came back a month or so later and immediately started dropping hours...
    I ended up having to send it back.... Twice! before it was fixed properly....

I really expected a higher level of expertise from Omega.

11. mdgrwl Aug 3, 2016

I'd bring it to a Boutique and have them send it in for service.

12. cw_mi Aug 16, 2016

Thanks for the replies everyone. I sent Jack at IWW an email and will hopefully go with him.