Forums Latest Members
  1. Spartcom5 Dec 30, 2017

Picked up an Omega Deville from the 90s. This is my first Omega quartz watch. It was only $25 but does have it's share of problems. First off the movement does not work with a new battery and the strap is toast. My watchmaker is currently looking at it so I don't have many pictures. My main concern is the strap..... It's unique and probably very hard to find another. Does anyone have ideas on where I can get one? I'd even go for a bracelet at a reasonable price. Any help is great!
    20171230_160302_resized.jpg 20171230_160312_resized.jpg

WhatYourWatchSay likes this.
  2. lillatroll Dec 30, 2017

Hello
    It is very difficult to give any help based on the pictures you have provided thus far. I think a bracelet would be easier to find than a new strap. It might also be an idea to get a custom replacement strap made.
    Finding a new omega replacement will take time, a lot of looking on eBay and a bit of luck but it' not impossible.
    I had a similar search for a strap and after two years of casual searching I found one so it does happen.

3. Spartcom5 Dec 31, 2017

Well this is the pretty much the same watch except mine is all stainless, no gold bezel. How in the world do I search for a strap or bracelet? What are they called?
    [​IMG]

4. Spartcom5 Dec 31, 2017

YIKES...... It has come to my attention that they never made these without the 18k gold bezel as in the above picture........................... Someone must have pried mine off and scrapped it. Okay the watch is now definitely junk argh! Unless someone can find one that doesn't have an 18k bezel smh.

5. lillatroll Dec 31, 2017

If your watchmaker can salvage the movement then give the rest up, try and sell the rest of the watch for 25 USD, it is amazing what people will buy. You can probably pick up a spares and repairs watch that used the same movement for a small outlay and it might even be nicer. Your other option, if the movement is fixed, is to sell the movement and look for another watch. I don' t think you are going to loose unless you start trying to salvage the watch which you bought.

6. Spartcom5 Dec 31, 2017

Yup already have a couple ideas for it. May use it to trade or bargain at a local flea market, know a couple guys who deal in watches, maybe they'll want it for some reason.