Forums Latest Members
  1. clg Jan 31, 2017

Recently purchased a used Seamaster in the titled ref. When it arrived the watch was not keeping time, so attempted to manually wind it in crown position one. Gave it the recommended 50-60 turns and I could hear that it was indeed winding. However once the crown was screwed back down, the watch showed no signs of life. Currently have it on my winder to see if that will spark life into it, but is there any reason other than being broken which would result it the manual wind function not working? Thanks!

2. U5512 Jan 31, 2017

To get the watch going....hold the watch flat with the tips of your fingers and give it a quick twist or two. It should start ticking....

3. clg Jan 31, 2017

That has it ticking for about 30 seconds, this is after the manual wind has been done.

4. U5512 Jan 31, 2017

Something is definitely wrong with the watch. Can you return it back to the seller for a full refund?

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 31, 2017

do you have any pictures of the movement?

6. clg Jan 31, 2017

Yes.

I do not. I just received the watch and have no intention of opening it, I'd rather send it back. I was more so fishing to see if perhaps I'm doing something wrong in my winding process. I unscrew the crown, rotate the crown in the 1st position 50 times and when I screw it back down the watch doesn't come to life. I can hear it winding, resistance while winding is steady throughout with nothing out of the ordinary. I'm used to my speedy pro having a very noticeable stop once wound, however I don't intend to try and find the stop on this one.

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 1, 2017

That only happens with manuals. Automatics don't have that. @Archer might be able to help, but I'd suggest returning it

8. omegawatchlvr Feb 1, 2017

Did you feel any resistance when winding? Perhaps a faulty mainspring. If not it could also be due too old oil or a parts wich causes resistance to the drivetrain.

9. ncstate1201 Feb 1, 2017

Was it packaged well when it was shipped to you or was the box damaged? Maybe something got jarred in shipping.

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 1, 2017

This watch has a Cal. 2500, and since it's an automatic, it won't come to a full stop when winding, and with these you won't really feel any significant increase in resistance as you wind. If you have wound it 50-60 times, given it a twist, and it only runs for a few seconds, it needs to be looked at by a watchmaker. It could be something as simple as a loose screw, or it could need a full service - impossible to tell without opening it and inspecting it.

You can either send it back, or ask the seller for some money towards a service, but I suppose it depends on the conditions of sale really.

Cheers, Al

11. clg Feb 1, 2017

Appreciate all the help guys, I'll take all the info given and do with it what I must.