Forums Latest Members

215.20.46.51.03.001 Steel Gold PO Chrono

1. SpeedyD Oct 13, 2018

Does anyone have any experience with this model? I have an opportunity to buy one pre-owned. I’m a little concerned the asking price is a little on the high side. 2 years of warranty remaining, generally very good condition, only very slight signs of wear (scratches on bracelet no more than I’d expect for a 2 year old watch - i’m buying to wear not just collect so accept that life takes toll in this regard). Price difference between best new deal via AD (I’m not going GM route) and this pre-owned is about 10%. I would expect the difference to be wider given how pm Omegas genrally depreciate. I was thinking nearer 40 off current list would be closer to the mark.

But besides from the price aspects any comments and experience with this model or the PO master chrono cheonograph would be greatly appreciated.

My own thoughts are that it is a stunning looking watch. A great deal of wrist presence and although heavy does feel comfortable. I know ot will be a challenge with a dress shirt, but other than that anyone gone for this model or a variant and regretted it later?

I have a PO (non chrono on a rubber strap), a Speedy racing and a SM300 and live them all. This would be my ‘bling’ watch.

My main concern is how high it sits on the wrist. It is boticably more chunky than any other watch I own, inc the non chrono PO. Anyone found it an issue?

Any feedback to help me decide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone for any assitance.

B8AF83F0-9D1B-4EFB-97CB-891178870188.jpeg
    The Father likes this.
  2. Bushido Oct 13, 2018

I have tried on PO chronos before and they certainly have wrist presence. However, I've not owned one to offer any real world thoughts on comfort. My best advice would be to visit a local AD/OB, try one on, and wear it around the shop while browsing for a bit. See if you can't get an idea of how it would wear for you.

If you don't mind me asking: How much is it being offered to you for and from whom? You mentioned you're looking at pre-owned but don't want to go GM for the pick up. I would be surprised if these held really strong in the secondary market pricing due to being a smaller size of interested buyers.

SpeedyD likes this.
  3. SpeedyD Oct 13, 2018

Thanks for the advice. I have triednit on, though bracelet needed resizing so I’ll have to go back for an extended visit when I have more time if ai decided tonproceed with more seriousness. It was a chance encounter. I’ve had my eye on one for a while and concidentally the AD happened to have had one in to sell on behalf of a customer. I think the AD is aware it might be over priced for a 2 year old, but seller at the end of the day has to decide what they’ll accept and I have to decide what it is really worth 2nd hand and used with less waranty vs buing new with some discount.

I like the idea of an extented try out whilst browsing. That’s a good idea.

Having seen the bracelet one in the flesh and going back to compare photos online I’m also not 100% sure if I’d rather hang on and save a bit more for the all hold version on a leather strap. Similar sizing, but possible looks more elegant. Though I understand it is far from a dress watch in terms of scale!

I had my heart set for a long time on a Rolex Daytona, but the wait list or pre owned market pricess on a SS are crazy, and in truth when I visited an AD to place a deposit, whilst it was an exquisite piece I was a little dissapointed at how ‘dainty’ it felt on the wrist i prefer watches with a litle more substace (scale/weight) it seems, so thought the PO chrono would make a better choice.

I’m not overly concerned about future value as I’m buying purely for enjoyment rather than an investment. If watches fall out of fashion with the next generation who can tell if the arse will fall out of the bling watch market :D

4. SpeedyD Oct 14, 2018

Bump. Any other with advice? Thanks :D

5. Slowpoker Oct 14, 2018

I'll bite.

It's a dive watch, so it'll wear like one. A little weighty and bulky yet they aren't uncomfortable. When I tried one out at the OB it was actually quite comfortable, minus the initial shock of the cold metal against my skin.

It'll be perfect for you if you're after weight, augment it with gold or leather if the pure steel version is too heavy. It's a very reliable watch from what I hear, provided you keep up with servicing.

It's a good catch overall, especially if you're actually into diving. Try to negotiate a discount as 10%, although it's better than nothing, is still a little small.

As for dressing it up, slap on a leather strap and buy a gold one and you're set.

6. SpeedyD Oct 14, 2018

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I understand it is going to be bulky due to dive purpose. I don’t dive and unlikely ever to do so beyond a tourist snorkle lol. Might not even wear it swimming even. But I do like the overall asthetic of that kind of design. I have an older non chrono PO (orange bezle version), and absolutely love that watch. I was after something slightly more glam. I was serprised much additional bulk the chrono adds. (Must be at least an extra 3 or 4 mm!). But thatbin itself will not necessarily out me off. But maybe it will shape my thinking of how often I’d wearnit and onnwhat kind of occasion and hence the relative value to me.

I appreciate all the input. It’ll certainly help my deliberations. Many thanks.

Edited Oct 14, 2018
  7. SpeedyD Oct 15, 2018

And here she is. ChAF! :p

C96511FA-9345-41E8-AC1F-F547199FC022.jpeg
    Bushido likes this.
  8. Bushido Oct 15, 2018

Congratulations!

Mohamed and SpeedyD like this.