2023 Time 4A Pint Movember fundraiser - final winner announced, £6465 raised

Instagram_Square_2023_Movember.jpg

2023 marks my ninth year of spectacularly awful moustache growth.

I have proven beyond question that I am not good at growing a moustache.

But each year I remove the beardy mess that hides my double chin, and hand over my upper lip to a good cause for a full 30 days.

Now you may ask why I put myself, or indeed those I love through this - well, partially because I quite like it and it is the only time of the year that my long suffering partner will allow such silliness, but primarily because it announces to the world that I am raising money for the Movember Foundation - A leading charity that is changing the face of men’s health - And supporting their mission to stop men dying too young, of testicular cancer, prostate cancer, and through suicide.

This is a mission that I think is incredibly important.

Just looking at the simple numerical facts - Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young men, prostate cancer the most common cancer in men overall, and suicide the biggest killer of men aged under 50 globally, with the loss of one man’s life every minute.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if no man had to lose their life to these three things?

I think so.

To help make this a reality, over the last few years I’ve grown moustaches and raffled off horological goodies with the support of some wonderful people and companies.

So far we’ve collectively raised £55,426

Which is epic. And thanks to the ongoing support of some truly fantastic friends continues in 2023.

However, this year, I’m doing things a little differently.

For Movember 2024 there will be four raffle draws: 9 November, 16 November, 23 November and 30 November.

There will be one prize bundle up for grabs in each draw - that will include the featured prize below, along with a One Year Subscription to The Fourth Wheel, thanks to the generosity of Chris Hall.

You enter into the draws (all of them that are still to run when you enter) by making a £10 donation to my Movember page. Each person can get a maximum of 5 entries by donating £50. You are of course encouraged to donate more if you are able, but will be entered a maximum of 5 times into each draw.

Once you’ve made your donation, please screen shot it and email me the picture along with your name, and phone number so I can notify you if you win!

You can see the t&cs and details of the brilliant prizes here.

Cheers

Chris

Like 11
Check your balls or have someone check them for you! ;)

Like 2
Thanks to everyone who's made a donation so far!

I now have prized lined up for all four draws (9,16, 23, 30 November), thanks to the generosity of some lovely people.

Week 1: Win a RENITOR 15 Watch Travel Storage Case worth £119.99

Week 2: Win a Two Stitch Straps leather strap worth up to €75 + a copy of 500 Years | 100 Watches by Alexander Barter & Daryn Schnipper worth £49.99

Week 3: Win a framed 20”x12” Richard Melick print worth $400

Week4: Win an Isotope Old Radium Bronze Pilot in Ash Grey, worth £960

Plus each winner will get a one year subscription to Chris Hall's substack The Fourth Wheel.

If you'd like to see the prizes, make a donation and get involved, you can do so here: https://www.time4apint.com/movemberblog/2023-time-4a-pint-movember-raffle

Cheers!

Chris

Like 2
Evening all!

Pleased to say that 6 days into Movember and the funds raised sits at £1545.

The first draw of the month is this Thursday evening at 20:30GMT.

To be in it, just make sure you've made a donation before then.

A £10 donation gets you one entry in all 4 draws.

You can get a maximum of 5 entries for a £50 donation - you're welcome to donate more, but that's the maximum entires per person.

The prize in Thursday's draw is a RENITOR 15 Watch Travel Storage Case worth £119.99, courtesy of Rory at RENITOR. -watches not included!

5BAB24A8-130E-4D31-8ECC-F50E463EA070.jpeg Slide10.jpeg

To see all the prizes up for grabs, and to make a donation, head to: https://www.time4apint.com/movemberblog/2023-time-4a-pint-movember-raffle

Cheers

Chris

Evening all - little end of week check in.

The fundraising total for the year is now sitting at £4,745 (this includes the donations from the Easter Raffle, and a donation generously made at a Time 4A Pint get together earlier in the year.).

The fundraising total for the last 11 days is now £4,325.

On Thursday 9 November, just after 8:30pm gmt (thanks to some patchy internet connectivity), I used the random number generator to enter a range of 1-116 (the number of tickets sold at that time), and was rewarded with the number 71, which belongs to the very lucky Arwind, a.k.a @wristpirate.

A Renitor 15 watch storage case and a one year subscription to Chris Hall's Fourth Wheel substack are now winging their way to him.

Huge thanks to everyone who has donated so far - there are still three draws to go, each containing excellent prizes.

To be in with the chance of winning one of these prizes, while helping to stop men dying too young of testicular cancer (the cancer that kills most young men), prostate cancer (the cancer that kills most men) and through suicide (the biggest killer globally of men aged 45 or under), you just need to make a donation of £10.

£10 gets you one entry into each of the remaining draws.

There is a maximum of 5 entries per person (£50 donation = 5 entires into all remaining draws0, but no cap on donations if you're feeling extra generous.

You can see all the prizes still up for grabs, and make your donation through this link.

Cheers

Chris

Like 1
Congratulations to our week two winner, Robert Morrissey, who has won a two-stitch strap from Ivan at Two-Stitch straps, a copy of 500 years|100 watches from Alex Barter at Black Bough, and a one year subscription to Chris Hall's Fourth Wheel Substack.

Like 1
Hello friends, I hope you are all well.

The week three draw is tonight at 20:30 GMT, and to be in it you need to have made a £10 donation before 20:00GMT today.

If you have already donated, you are already in the draw.

If you haven't and you would like to, you can do so here: https://uk.movember.com/mospace/1743822

Remember: £10 = one entry (in all remaining draws), and there is a maximum of 5 entries (£50 donation) per person.

In tonights draw you could win a bundle of three, very cool prizes:

1 - a one year subscription to Chris Hall's "The Fourth Wheel" substack.

2 - a framed 20"x12" photographic print called "Travel Day" by my good friend and fantastic photographer, Richard Melick, which he shot at Denver International Airport, and sells for $400!

RichardMelickPhotography_TravelDay_Frame_24x16.png

3 - A signed first print hardback of Hands of Time by Dr. Rebecca Struthers, with hand drawn illustrations on the first page by Craig Struthers

IMG_8762.jpeg

Brilliant prizes, available to win tonight, thanks to the generosity of some truly wonderful people.

To make a donation, and be in the draw, head to my Mo Space: https://uk.movember.com/mospace/1743822

Cheers

Chris

Hey gang,

Today I'm adding a £10 donation to the first 15 people who donate £10 - £150 of my own money to support the good work that Movember does to stop men dying too young.

This also means that if you donate £10, with my donation match of a further £10, you get an extra entry into the prize draw this Thursday, for the Isotope watch worth £960.

11 people have made a donation so far today - so act fast if you'd like to get one of the last 4 top-ups from me!

https://uk.movember.com/mospace/1743822

Cheers

Chris

Hi all,

Final day update.

The total for the year sits at £6465, with £6,105 being raised in November through this fundraiser.

Massive thanks to everyone who has donated and helped to raise this huge sum of cash for the great causes that Movember funds, in their mission to stop men dying too young.

At 8:30pm tonight, I put the final set of numbers into the random number picket at random.org (1-249), and it spat out lucky number 159, which belongs to Jake Ross, who takes home the awesome Isotope Old Radium Bronze Pilot watch worth £960.

Congrats Jake!

If you haven't donated yet, and would like to, the Movember fundraiser is open for a few more days: https://uk.movember.com/mospace/1743822

Much love.

Chris

Like 3