Forums Latest Members

2021 Time 4A Pint 2021 Movember Raffle - £10,920 raised!

1. tyrantlizardrex Oct 31, 2021

Movember_2021_tile.jpg

Each November since 2011 I’ve used my top lip as staging ground for some truly awful moustaches.

Now this isn’t a fashion thing. Although I like to think that by the end of the month I am heading towards a very low budget Tom Selleck. But rather an announcement to the world that I am raising money for the Movember Foundation. A leading charity that is changing the face of men’s health. And supporting their mission to stop men dying too young, of testicular cancer, prostate cancer, and through suicide.

Over the last few years, my moustache growing antics and associated fundraising have been hugely enhanced by raffling off of some really lovely watches. In 2019 and 2020 from the folks at Oris, and during the Summer of 2021 from the collections of some incredibly generous fellow watch nerds.

To date the moustache growing and watch raffling have raised more than £31,000 for Movember.

Which is truly fantastic.

And has a lot of people saying. ”That’s amazing! I bet you’ve got something epic planned for this year!?”

Which up until Friday of last week was not the case. Because I am running on the minimal sleep of a new parent, my brain is jelly, and I rarely know which day of the week it is, let alone which month.

Thankfully my watch industry friends are amazing. And after a few lovely conversations with said friends, some truly fantastic prizes have been donated to the 2021 Time 4A Pint Movember Raffle by the companies below:

Farer
    I’ve known the the team at Farer for years, and regularly got my hands on with their new goodies a little in advance of them being announced for general consumption, so am always excited to hear from the man in charge Paul Sweetenham. But I have to say I was blown away by his ongoing generously last week, when he casually slid into my DMs and donated a £1,200 Farer gift voucher, to be used in full, or towards the cost of one of their watches by a lucky Movember raffle winner.

Fantastic!

Winning this prize presents the huge challenge of deciding exactly what to spend it on. You could put it towards their brand new Cobb Monopusher and chuck in a few extra quid to make up the difference, use it in full to pick up one of my personal favourites, the Roché World Timer or maybe even opt for the ruggedly handsome Exmoor Field Watch and add on a couple of extra straps.

COBB-Bracelet_922x922.jpeg Roche-AGARVE_922x922.jpeg ExmoorFieldBraceletE_1024x1024.jpeg

Whatever your horological taste, there are lots of great British designed/Swiss made options to choose from.

Massive thanks to Paul and the team at Farer for their ongoing Movember support - learn more about Farer and all of the watches they make at www.farer.com

Nivada Grenchen
    Last week I was chatting to Balázs from Fratello, when he mentioned that Guillaume from Nivada Grenchen had sent him their brand new Chronoking manual wind chronograph for review. And that since Guillaume was such a nice guy, he’d drop him a line and see if Nivada wanted to get involved in whatever I did for Movember this year.

And a little over an hour later, with a text message from Guillaume that read “Happy to help on this, we all need to take care of our balls!” the Nivada Chronoking Manual Wind 87033M that Balázs had on his wrist was added to the TIme 4A Pint Movember Raffle prize pot!

NivadaGrenchen-CHRONOKING-PR-87033M.jpeg NivadaGrenchen-CHRONOKING-Logo-87033M.jpeg NivadaGrenchen-CHRONOKING-Caseside-87033M.jpeg

How cool is that?

Once Balázs has got his review live, I’ll link to it here, but for now, you can check out the Nivada Grenchen Chronoking (which has a selling price of $1,956 +TAX) at NivadaGrenchenOfficial.com

Huge thanks to Balázs for the introduction, and massive thanks to Guillaume and the team at Nivada Grenchen for their support - learn more about Nivada Grenchen and all of the watches they make at NivadaGrenchenOfficial.com

Two Stitch Straps
    Ivan and the team at Two Stitch Straps make some of the most comfortable, and best value handmade leather straps that I’ve ever encountered. With the custom strap they made for my Speedmaster in 2017 continuing to be one of my absolute favourites.

Being an amazing group of guys, they were incredibly keen to support the cause, and have generously donated a prize bundle of 1 x handmade two piece strap, and 1 x handmade leather NATO (from their regular range) for one lucky winner!

Caramel-Leather-NATO-Watch-Strap-1_1024x1024.jpeg Two-Stitch-Vintage-Oak-Leather-Watch-Strap-1_fdd91b4b-8018-4700-84f4-a0cf10d1fa4c_1024x1024.jpeg Full-StitchForestGreenLeatherWatchStrap1_1024x1024.jpeg

All Two Stitch Straps are hand made to order, and with 30 designs/leathers to choose from, the winner of this prize will be spoilt for choice.

Huge thanks to Ivan and the team at Two Stitch Straps for their support - learn more about Two Stitch Straps, and their wonderful handmade leather straps at https://www.twostitchstraps.com/

Wolf
    When Mike Pearson told me he was coming back to the UK to work for Wolf, he also said that they would love to get involved and provide a prize for the Time 4A Pint Movember raffle.

From travel rolls and cases, to the winders which those of us with automatic watches know, and love, through to epic custom watch safes - Wold offer a huge variety of luxurious goodies to please the most demanding of watch collectors. (That would be all of us, right?)

Now that restrictions are starting to ease, travel is becoming a possibility, and watch GTGs are very much back on, having a really good travel roll at your disposal is a must - so the team at Wolf are giving one lucky winner the chance to take home a Wolf Blake Black/Grey Leather Watch Roll

305602-3.jpeg 305602_new1_1.jpeg 305602-4.jpeg

Classic.

Massive thanks to Mike for making this possible, and to the team at Wolf for their support - learn more about Wold, and their gorgeous watch and jewellery storage products at https://www.wolf1834.com/

To support Movember in their quest to stop men dying too young, and be in with the chance of winning one of these fantastic prizes, pickup your Time 4A Pint 2021 Movember Raffle Ticket Now!

Edited Nov 4, 2021
    zrleopold, YYTIN, KeithS and 12 others like this.
  2. Horoticus Oct 31, 2021

Giddy up time, Movember style. :thumbsup:

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  3. tyrantlizardrex Nov 1, 2021

Also, moustache:

9117C230-9F27-4E73-BE53-B597EAA83837.jpeg

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 1, 2021

Set this one as a sticky, good luck in your endeavour

5. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Nov 1, 2021

Great work pulling this together :thumbsup:

6. tyrantlizardrex Nov 1, 2021

Just under 24 hours in and 101 tickets have been sold - a whopping £1,010 for Movember on day one! :thumbsup:

7. Walrus Nov 1, 2021

Well I always participate just to support the cause never really think of winning but wow you put some nice things together very cool people donate such nice pieces and you holding it all together and obviously building a reputation where people would donate nice items. Sorry I’m a little tired that last one I participated in had a direct link that I used to enter my payment for tickets. Is that link there and I’m missing it? Ah I’ll wait till my brain is rested and look again but always cool do see you doing this. I wish you were state side as me and a friend are looking into starting a charity thing for people who live in poverty but have pets that need medical care. It may sound stupid compared to many charities of note but the need is great. I need more input from people who have successfully done charity work. I’m finding there are many hurdles to jump to get it going. Oh and it wouldn’t be associated with watches or anything here completely separate matter it’s just good to see people do these things and have some success.

Omegafanman and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  8. tyrantlizardrex Nov 2, 2021

Walrus likes this.
  9. tyrantlizardrex Nov 4, 2021

MORE PRIZES!

The Antiquarian Horological Society
    Win a Year’s Membership to the AHS

I’ve been a member of the AHS for several years, and through them got to meet hundreds of interesting people, attend dozens of fascinating lectures (both in person and online) on all sorts of horological subjects, and enjoy access to their vast, and frankly amazing digitized archive of journals and technical publications.

If you’ve been to a Time 4A Pint event, or listened to a podcast you have likely hear me mention the AHS and suggest that you really should become a member if you have any interest at in the story of time.

So it is with great pleasure, that I am able to offer one of you the chance to become a member of the AHS for 2021/2022.

journalcover42-3.width-600.jpg Header.width-600.jpg Behind_one_dial_of_the_Westminster_clock.width-600.jpg

The winner will able to choose either a UK or International membership (depending on where they are based), and will receive four issues of their flagship peer-reviewed quarterly printed journal, Antiquarian Horology, as well as free online searchable access to the entire AH archive from 1953 up to 2019, the ability to attend in person and virtual events, and access to their extensive digital archives.

Huge thanks to James Harris and James Nye for organising this, and to the Antiquarian Horological Society for generously donating a member - to learn more about the AHS and the benefits that membership offer head to https://www.ahsoc.org/

Baruch “Budge” Coutts
    Win a Limited Edition ‘Colour Shadows” 2021 print by Baruch Coutts

If horological macro photography is your thing, I’d put money on your having seen, and probably liked (a lot) the stunning photography of London based photographer and artist, Baruch “Budge” Coutts.

Along with taking dial and movement shots that would set any hot blooded watch nerd’s pulse running high, Budge also creates beautiful and unique hand drawn horological artworks, and unique digital Glicée prints.

Budge has generously provided a 1:1 print, from within a limited edition run of 18 unique variations of his 2021 work ‘Colour Shadows’. Presented unframed, individually numbered and signed, on A1 308gsm Hahnemuhle Photo Rag paper. This unique Glicée print sells for £280, but could be yours for the price of a couple of pints when you enter the 2021 Time 4A Pint Movember Raffle.

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-03 at 10.20.07.jpeg

A stunning addition to the home of any watch nerd - I can’t wait to see this framed, and up on one of your walls.

Massive thanks to Budge for his support - you can check out his stunning work photography on his Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/budgecoutts/, and buy his prints and original artworks at https://www.confessionsofawatchnerd.com/shop

Bremont
    Win a Bremont MB Masterclass and Tour Experience for Two

Over the last few weeks you would have struggled to avoid the overwhelmingly positive coverage for Bremont’s new ENG300 manufacture movement. And the exciting new that they are going to be manufacturing movements at “The Wing”, their brand new facility in Henley-on-Thames.

So I was very excited when Giles English got in touch and said they would love to support the 2021 Time 4A Pint Movember Raffle, and would a watchmaking day for two be an interesting prize. To which of course, the answer is YES. Yes please. Thank you. Yes.

Now before you get too excited, you won’t be getting hands on with the ENG300 - there’s a lot going on there that quite secret squirrel (as you may have read in Robin Swithinbank’s piece over on Hodinkee) and the team are understandably very protective.

Instead you will spend the day undertaking an exclusive watchmaking masterclass with one of Bremont's in-house senior watch technicians. Where you’ll have the opportunity to build your own customised version of the iconic MBII, and receive a certificate on completion.

The winner of this prize will also get a private tour of The Wing, where they’ll view engineering, watchmaking and machinery departments. And enjoy a light lunch with Gusbourne Sparkling Wine in The Wing’s private bar and lounge.

Bremont normally charge £495 per person for the MB Masterclass experience, but you and a friend could get hands on with the inner workings of an MBII for nothing more than the cost of a £12 Movember Raffle ticket.

The-Martin-Baker-Configurator_850x.jpeg Watchmaker.jpg Boutique.jpg Events space.jpg

If you fall in love with your MB design at the end of the day, Bremont have asked me to point out that it is unfortunately not included in the prize, but that they would be very happy to discuss building it for you.

Note: The winner will be responsible for getting themselves to and from Henley-on-Thames, in the UK.

Huge thanks to Giles, Nick, and the team at Bremont for their support and generosity - learn more about Bremont at https://www.bremont.com/

Lee Yuen-Rapati a.k.a OneHourWatch
    Win a print of The Horological Alphabet by Lee Yuen-Rapati

If you’ve been on the internet and have even the slightest interest in things horological and typographical, you have without doubt seen some of the beautiful work of artist Lee Yuen-Rapati. Also known as OneHourWatch.

In the Spring of 2021, for #36daysoftype, Lee created a the characters for a Horological Alphabet. Which proved so popular in isolation that he decided to turn them into a poster design, and produce them in small batches digitally as A1 Glicése Prints on 308gsm Hahnemuhle Photo Rag paper.

They’re unframed, individually numbered, digitally signed, sell for £200, and thanks to the generosity of Lee you have the opportunity to win one in the 2021 Time 4A Pint Movember Raffle.

days poster.jpg days poster2.jpg days poster3.jpg

Whether you hang it over the fireplace, or as a unique learning tool in the bedroom off a young horologist in your life, this print would surely take pride of place in any watch nerd’s home.

Massive thanks to Lee for his support - learn more about Lee, and his stunning artwork, typography and dial design at https://www.watchtype.net/

Get your tickets here ----> TICKETS

10. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Nov 4, 2021

:eek: So many prizes!

11. tyrantlizardrex Nov 4, 2021

So many!

Hopefully something for everyone.

Would love to see lots of people picking up tickets across the month, supporting the cause, and maybe winning one of the many great prizes. :thumbsup:

Edited Nov 4, 2021
    speedamatuer and DaveK like this.
  12. tyrantlizardrex Nov 4, 2021

speedamatuer, DaveK and Horoticus like this.
  13. tyrantlizardrex Nov 5, 2021

2BA2DF4C-4816-415B-B73E-CB73EFB293B5.jpeg

So many great Prizes:

• The Antiquarian Horological Society - 1 Years Membership - worth up to £70

• Baruch “Budge” Coutts - 1 x Limited Edition ‘Colour Shadows” 2021 print - worth £280
    • Bremont - 1 x Bremont MB Masterclass and Tour Experience for Two - Worth £990

• Farer - 1 x £1,200 Farer gift voucher to be used in full, or towards the purchase of a watch from Farer.com

• Lee Yuen-Rapati a.k.a OneHourWatch Win - 1 x print of The Horological Alphabet - worth £200

• Nivada Grenchen - 1 x Nivada Chronoking Manual Wind 87033M Chronograph on bracelet - RRP $2,169 +TAX

• Two Stitch Straps - A prize bundle of 1 x handmade two piece strap, and 1 x handmade leather NATO worth up to €149

• Wolf - 1 x Wolf Blake Black/Grey Leather Watch Roll- RRP £209
    Get your ticket here - - - > https://www.time4apint.com/store/time-4a-pint-2021-movember-raffle

Horoticus and speedamatuer like this.
  14. tyrantlizardrex Nov 6, 2021

Hands up who’s got their ticket? :D

simomega likes this.
  15. tyrantlizardrex Nov 6, 2021

end of day 5, 190 tickets sold, £1,900 raised for Movember! :thumbsup:

ken_hodson and Horoticus like this.
  16. ken_hodson Nov 6, 2021

I have just bought some tickets. Fantastic raffle prizes to raise money and awareness for a great cause! Many thanks and good luck with your fundraising.

tyrantlizardrex and Horoticus like this.
  17. tyrantlizardrex Nov 6, 2021

Thanks for your support Ken! :thumbsup:

18. tyrantlizardrex Nov 6, 2021

199 sold!

If anyone fancies tipping us over the 200, and being in with a chance of winning one of the cracking prizes that’s up for crabs, that would be smashing. :thumbsup:

Horoticus likes this.
  19. lillatroll Nov 7, 2021

Some wonderful prizes on offer, but more importantly a great cause to be raising money for and awareness of. Thank you for making this event. I am sure it takes a lot of time and effort to do something like this, your efforts ar appreciated.

20. tyrantlizardrex Nov 7, 2021

Thank you chap, much appreciated.