Forums Latest Members

2018 Seamaster 300m - Rubber Strap Quality/Value

1. Undefeatable May 7, 2019

Hello!

I am debating the purchase of 300m in Blue. I have always been the type to buy on bracelet and then purchase straps after the fact, but I have been presented the chance to get one on the Rubber for a great deal (nib as well). This coupled with the fact that my plan was to buy the rubber eventually anyway for daily wear. I like bracelets as much as the next guy, but I find myself taking my watch off more when it has a bracelet when Im sitting at my desk or something, or if i get sweaty, the watch and bracelet are heavy enough on my 6.5" wrist that it starts to slide around. I know the new bracelets have the micro adjust, but it happened to me old SubC with glidelock (I dont like making my watch too tight, so it slides with any amount of sweat present).

Anyone with the rubber strap have any comments?
    Should I just hold off and wait for a deal to appear for one on the bracelet then purchase the rubber separate?

Thanks for any and all feedback!

greyfox422 likes this.
  2. Omega-Q May 7, 2019

Maybe this will help you. OEM Omega rubber strap has a titanium strengthener built inside. I'm a NATO guy, but the Omega rubber strap is super comfy! Photo credit goes to @Longbow!

Strap with Titanium Strengthener.jpg
    Tom Bombadil, owl., Commisar and 8 others like this.
  3. Undefeatable May 7, 2019

I had no idea it had that. Thank you so much! I find it odd that its hard to find any info on the rubber strap on the Omega website.

Jon Walker likes this.
  4. Dohnut May 7, 2019

It’s a great strap, very comfortable. Only the first keeper has a metal skeleton, the second is just rubber but has a stay in it which locates into one of the strap holes.

Go for it, you won’t be disappointed!

Jon Walker likes this.
  5. bz0123 May 7, 2019

I really like my rubber strap. It is great for swimming.

You can also buy the braclet separately.

Jon Walker likes this.
  6. Stufflers Mom May 7, 2019

It's a very good strap, but for my wrist I would prefer it to be a touch longer.

7. Mongooseman May 7, 2019

I have the bracelet and the blue OEM rubber strap - I've barely used the bracelet. The rubber is ridiculously comfortable, the keeper is very robust, and the fact that there's a titanium insert in the first loop lends it real strength. It's well worth the money.

Jon Walker likes this.
  8. Undefeatable May 8, 2019

Thank you guys for all the input! It is really appreciated

9. redzer007 May 8, 2019

Which price is less, what you are being offered the rubber for plus the cost of buying the bracelet (which is always extorinate) what you can get it on the bracelet for plus the price of buying the rubber?

Resale value of the rubber only will be less if thats a concern.

Obvious ,I know but playing devil's advocate.

Personally I always stick to the old addage of buy on the bracelet when available. (Worst case you can sell bracelet if really not using it)

Jon Walker and Commisar like this.
  10. Undefeatable May 8, 2019

I can get the one on Rubber for $3,600 (Brand New, full kit, stamped AD card) from a guy locally, so it would be face to face cash (no fees or shipping of course).

I haven't come across too many blue bracelet versions yet on the second hand market, but the one that I did find right now for reference on davidsw is $3975 for bracelet version, lightly used.

Commisar likes this.
  11. JAKX May 8, 2019

I have the bracelet, rubber and Omega NATO. Rubber is super comfortable and light. Bracelet is also excellent but I have it on the rubber strap all the time now. Having said that, I'd still wait and get the bracelet version and add rubber later. It gives two very nice options.

12. cjoedaniel May 8, 2019

Where are folks getting their rubber straps? Are they readily available from ADs?

13. 83n May 8, 2019

I ordered mine at the AD. He said it will take about 4 weeks... 3 weeks ago.

Can’t wait. I tried and wanted the watch on the rubber because it looks great and is most comfortable. But id did make much more sense to buy it on the bracelet and get the rubber separately before May.

14. superfly May 9, 2019

I chose rubber.

For me, the financial considerations of rubber vs. steel (e.g. thinking that buying with a steel bracelet and then buying a rubber strap separately is more cost-effective) were irrelevant, because I only wanted the rubber strap.

20190508_230847.jpg

The rubber is very comfortable, and I think it makes the watch look fairly sporty, which I like.

Of course, you really can't go wrong either way. Just a matter of personal preference. ;)

Edited May 9, 2019
  15. Dohnut May 9, 2019

Same here... no point in buying it on the bracelet - I wanted rubber.

Tempted by the Omega black nylon nato though.

3rdstringholder and superfly like this.
  16. mjb May 9, 2019

That's pretty good. I was trying to find one before the prices went up, but could only source a black one, or blue on rubber. I wanted the bracelet, so I ended up buying retail from an AD. Plus tax. Grrrr.

David is an outstanding seller, but most of his used watches get a polish. If that's important to you, ask him first.

How much was the ordered strap?

I'm finding the bracelet to be a bit uncomfortable. There are days when it bugs the crap out of me. Other days I don't notice it. Not sure why it varies like that. It's a heavy little sucker. I wear my watches a bit tight.

17. 83n May 9, 2019

The rubber is 275 € with the buckle here in Germany.

18. Eve Feb 3, 2020

Has anyone try to fit the rubber strap to an older version of Seamaster 300m, e.g. 2254?

19. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Feb 3, 2020

I have large wrist size swings, so thank goodness for adjustable clasps.

Tom

scapa likes this.
  20. vitriol Feb 4, 2020

Has anyone of you paired this new rubber with the older SMPc case?

greyfox422 likes this.