Forums Latest Members
  1. Superdoc Dec 17, 2014

The 2014 reflections post had an interesting side bar that I think deserves its own thread...

I have a few new year's resolutions of my own...
    I'd be interested in hearing the quests of the rest of you guys...

#1. targets from the current available models...

#2. Basel '15 wish list ...

I'll Start ..

1. MD watch (not necessarily a 'wish' more of a definite (2015 will commemorate 10 yrs of practice)
    2. one of the TT offerings - torn between the '57 and the Sm300
    3. vintage sm300 in excellent condition
    4. another Speedmaster professional (damn these things are addicting) -- I may ask for advice on this one -
    Apollo 45th, Gemini IV, or (merciful god in heaven above) TinTin ( @repoman ) should get a commision...

- Basel Wish list -

I already know about a few models coming... so not a very fair fight..

But, I will say.... at least one is a must have...

I will say that come Basel...Many will be thrilled like never before...

some will be frustrated,
    few will be disappointed...

Either way, I think that 2015 will be a great year...

a final Prediction (Just call me Kreskin) ... Many of us will actually get together face to face ...

Fusion and KstateSkier like this.
  2. logan2z Dec 17, 2014

Targets from available models:

1. GSOTM (counting that as currently available as it seems to be dribbling out now)
    2. '57 Speedmaster with white dial

Basel Wish List:

Only one - a stainless steel Tresor.

watchme and Superdoc like this.
  3. Shem Dec 17, 2014

There's a possibility I'll be getting something very special at the end of 2014 that would preclude any 2015 purchases...so my 2015 wishlist might be empty! We'll see...

(But if it wasn't empty, then DSOTM, GSOTM, Gemini IV, and 3575.20 would be on the wishlist...)

4. Superdoc Dec 17, 2014

Son of a bitch!! 3575.20......

I may need to edit my list...

I think we'll all look back at this one...and the current asking prices...and kick ourselves....good call.. this is a steal right now!

The rest are no-brainers... Although I'ma little saddened to see the DSOTM on your list... knowing that you had one...

Just imagine a 2015 without Regret....

5. Superdoc Dec 17, 2014

Stainless Tresor.....I agree ...would looooove to see it, and my pocketbook would as well... but I think that whenever a model is made in white Gold...it likely won't see stainless life... (look at the X2 fiasco...)

I think the strategy is to keep Tresor preserved on a Precious metal pedestal... although I've been wrong before (just ask my wife)...

Still...I hope that the clous de Paris dial finds its way onto more accessible models... Imagine an hour vision with Clous de Paris...

6. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Dec 17, 2014

I really need to stop visiting this message board.

7. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Dec 17, 2014

Damn, Speedy Metorite.

knappo1307 and ashleysteadman like this.
  8. DocHolliday Dec 17, 2014

@Superdoc, why don't you just call it things I'm going to buy in 2015. ::rimshot::

repoman and Superdoc like this.
  9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 18, 2014

On the two-tone, I'd check out the Titanium / Sedna SM300, so radically different from every other steel/gold two-tone out there with the contrast between dark titanium and deep rose gold.

For the Speedy... I think the two best looking are the Apollo 11 35th panda and Gemini IV panda but in your case having one Cal 321 with the applied WG omega logo is something that really compliments the others. If you go for a really mint 145.012 or 105.012 you've got the true original moonwatch, and its still in a ~42mm size which might suit you more than the smaller straight lug cased models.

10. repoman Dec 18, 2014

#1 Very tough call w/ the selection pool being limited to the current catalog: my short list is the Aventurine, GSOTM, SM300 Titanium, and Tresor... with my final choice being: GSOTM

#2 Honestly, I'm too new at this, and I'm already overwhelmed with the current catalog, as well as some grails from the past..... I can't even wrap my mind around what is coming next. BUT! I like to play along so I took a look at what NASA anniversaries are coming up in 2015 to try and get some inspiration, and I copied some of the more interesting ones below... so my answer here is, a Speedy Pro limited edition, anniversary, 50yr Gemini IV, blue pigmented meteorite dial in a ceramic Speedy pro case, 1965 pieces.

Interesting NASA manned space flight anniversaries in 2015:

50 yr: Gemini Titan 3, with astronauts Virgil I. Grissom and John W. Young aboard. Launched 9:24 a.m., EST, Cape Canaveral, Fla. First manned Gemini flight for 3 orbits of the earth lasting 4 hours and 53 minutes. First person to eat a corned beef sandwich in space: Virgil Grissom. First U.S. two-person flight. First manual maneuvers in orbit.

45 yr: Apollo 13 launched on its ill-fated flight to the moon. Crew: James A. Lovell Jr., John L. Swigert Jr., and Fred W. Haise Jr. aborted the mission after the service module oxygen tank ruptured on April 13.

50 yr: Gemini Titan 4 launched from Cape Canaveral, Fla. at 11:16 a.m., EDT. Astronauts James A. McDivitt and Edward H. White aboard the Gemini 4 spacecraft. White makes the first U.S. extravehicular excursion 4 hours and 18 minutes into the flight.

50 yr: Gemini 5 (GT-5), launched on a Titan II, 10:00 a.m., EDT, Cape Canaveral, Fla.. Astronauts Gordon L. Cooper, Jr. and Charles “Pete” P. Conrad, Jr. complete an eight day mission.

50 yr: Gemini Titan 7 launched by Titan 2, 2:30 p.m., EST, Cape Canaveral, Fla. Astronauts Frank Borman and James A. Lovell, Jr. on a 14-day mission.

50 yr: Gemini Titan 6 launched by Titan 2, 8:37 a.m., EST, Cape Canaveral, Fla. Astronauts Walter M. Schirra, Jr. and Thomas P. Stafford; rendezvous mission with GT-7.

TLIGuy likes this.
  11. ashleysteadman Dec 18, 2014

+1 on Speedmaster Soyuz (Meteorite)! WANT!

Also thinking a birth year Rolex Submariner (1985) and Planet Ocean (big bright orange one!) :whistling:

Edited Dec 18, 2014
  12. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Dec 18, 2014

2015?

..... more vintage. ;)

Barking mad, Spacefruit and TLIGuy like this.
  13. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Dec 18, 2014

How 'bout a most simple wish for all: Health and Happiness. Watches come and go, but these are most precious.
    Don't get me wrong, it's always better when "watches come" ;-)

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 18, 2014

I don't know, I could live with a bum knee and a 5396R :coffee:

15. Superdoc Dec 18, 2014

BAN HIM......

16. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Dec 18, 2014

Ok - Ok, I guess it depends on how sick and how unhappy ;-(

17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 18, 2014

No! Stand fast Miki, remember,
    “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”,
    Rowling

18. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Dec 18, 2014

Well what if it's a Patek Repeater? Then maybe if you're not deathly ill or absolutely miserable?

19. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 18, 2014

very rare and highly collectible!

this one with box and papers!

week7.png
    (sorry to derail the thread, ok, back to business!)

20. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 18, 2014

don't get me going....

I will be looking at a road that is a mine field called "vintage Road"

watchme likes this.