Forums Latest Members

2013 Moonwatch Co‑Axial chronograph servicing & OEM/Original steel bracelet

1. admiralvint Jan 6, 2020

Hi all,

So, instead of chasing some German gray market sellers I have found a very nice 311.33.44.51.01.001 from 2013. Paperwork and everything checks out and the price is solid. The watch hasn't been serviced in, so I am wondering how much a "standard Omega" service would cost me, assuming the watch is in a good condition with no issues present.

Also, what are my options if I want to get the steel bracelet that 311.33.44.51.01.002 has. Can I purchase one directly from Omega, or do I have to scout ebay/other places? And what could that cost be. I am estimating around 600€ mark.

Or am I better off purchasing a 2 year old 311.33.44.51.01.002 from Watchfinder?

Thanks for your input.

2. Meme-Dweller Jan 6, 2020

$750.00 USD for Omega service.

The cheapest place to get a new bracelet would be from also Omega, and their cost is around the $750.00 as well.

You're better off finding one on the bracelet in better condition to begin with.

3. admiralvint Jan 6, 2020

The watch is supposedly all fine. Also can't tell nothing wrong from pics the seller provided. I t's just that it's never serviced, so I am wondering if and how fast does it need it. The steel bracelet is more of a nice to have. I have nothing against the leather band the watch has.

4. Martin_F Jan 6, 2020

A 2013 model is not even 7 years old. Omega suggests service intervals of 5 years, but if the watch hasn't been worn for the entire time, I'm sure you can stretch that number a bit.
    It's always good to budget a service into the purchase cost of a used watch, and as stated above, it's $750 in the US.
    I'm sure if you go to your local Omega website, you will see what it cost in your country.
    It's at the bottom of the page and should sound something like "main steps of a complete service" in whatever language you're looking at.

5. admiralvint Jan 6, 2020

All in all 001 + service and an extra bracelet would still save me around $700 compared to the 002 version. Tempting :)

6. admiralvint Jan 9, 2020

Just pulled the trigger on this one. Now waiting for delivery :)

7. RARJ Feb 11, 2020

Did it arrive yet? I bought the bracelet version this past summer and adore it. So much so that I think I've now added 6 or 7 OEM straps to it.

You're gonna love it!

8. admiralvint Feb 11, 2020

Yeah it arrived a month ago. I've been wearing it daily