Forums Latest Members

200th Post -- Thank you OF

1. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Jul 31, 2015

So, I think I may have had the quietest 200 posts in the history of OF. I will say, in my sheepish defense, that I have tried to make up for my lack of knowledge, and thus contributions, with an abundance of good manners, appreciation and humor......and according to your responses (or lack thereof), I succeeded in the first two and apparently failed to even register on the third (to say I failed would be giving me too much credit)!

I also took care to intersperse my inept humor with pictures. I quickly realized (you are pretty good coaches in this regard) that pictures are appreciated. I understood early that I should balance my "taking" from this forum with a few pictures now and then in order to keep myself in karmic balance.

I guess what I really want to say is THANK YOU Omega Forums and its members! Before I stumbled across this place, I had logged exactly zero posts on any internet site (ever!) and, now......emboldened by my new found "voice" on OF, have still had no such break-throughs on any other watch forum (TRF, WUS, SCWF, etc.). This place is different. No other site is as friendly.... user-wise......members-wise...... or otherwise, than OF. I feel very spoiled to have found this place.

I appreciate all of you very much......as my wife refers to you...."my watch friends"!

Roll (small select set of) credits.........

Thank you Speedbird for selling me my first OF watch (taken during my Erpin Photo days)
    Upload Mar15 102.JPG

Thank you LouS and MMMD for pointing me to some great eBay scores.....
    004.JPG
    Upload Mar15 179.JPG

Thank you TomVox1 for selling me several great watches. Here is one.....
    Scubapro500-wrst_edited-1.jpg

Thank you Toddle321 (man I love this watch!).........
    May 13 2015 001.JPG

One more as I think this might be getting boring........Thanks sneer!
    June 3 2015 015.JPG

And trust me, there were many, many more! Thanks to all!

Sincerely, Tom

sneer, marturx, Nobel Prize and 10 others like this.
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 31, 2015

Great collection Tom! Congrats!

RawArcher likes this.
  3. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Jul 31, 2015

"Erpin photo days"..... that's funny! Some sweet watches, love the Scubapro 500 and the SM300

Archer and RawArcher like this.
  4. redpcar Jul 31, 2015

Tom,
    You switch out the wrists? am·bi·dex·trous?
    ;)

5. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Jul 31, 2015

Good eye. Was wearing two watches that day!

6. Traveler Jul 31, 2015

Giff2577 and RawArcher like this.
  7. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Jul 31, 2015

Thanks. Was going to refer to it as "Artsy and Staged" so DarlinBoy would approve.......

AAAKK likes this.
  8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 31, 2015

Been great having you on board, the owner of some mighty fine watches and skillets....(wanted to change from a ceramic cook top after seeing you skillets)

RawArcher likes this.
  9. Fretworker Aug 6, 2015

What a finely constructed and thoughtful testimonial - I imagine you have inadvertently spoken for a number of OF participants, including me , so thanks and here's to the next 200 for you

10. danomar Aug 7, 2015

How very nice! You certainly have not had the "quietest" 200 posts, but perhaps the least obnoxious. Keep it up! :)