Forums Latest Members

20 years parts and service availiability from Omega.

1. PatrickJ Dec 24, 2015

Omega states on their website what is in my title. I have seen similar threads from other members before. However, I am sure this is possible with the speedy manual wind hesilite crystal and the bond seamaster from 1993 till 2012. I think it is because they have a longevity in production and parts. So 18 years from now Omega should still have a bezel for a 1994 James Bond bezel in stock. However, can the same can be said for limited or short production special models. For example, that new white faced snoopy dial speedy with the writing in the bubble? I would be very interested in everyone's experience and opinions, especially from watchmakers and authorised service Omega watchmakers.

2. Thegreatroberto Dec 27, 2015

I work in an industry that relies on spare parts being available through it's supply chain. We are constantly let down, and then have to justify ( via a long winded, but through process) why what is now available will do the job. And thus, the only real way to avoid the long winded process is to buy a lifetimes supply of spares.
    Now clearly some components have a life. And all will require storage in the correct conditions.
    Omega and it's spares will be no different. So much that as of 1/1/16, they will only supply authorised service centres. And some of that is about controlling where their spares end up.
    If I were a bit more anal, and considered that I'd still have my 2000 Seamaster 300m, then perhaps I'd buy a bezel or two, along with a crystal etc. And perhaps any other parts that are bespoke to that watch. Movement parts should be easy as that's based on an ETA movement, that has been used in all sorts of watches: thus spares should be plentiful.
    If however I had a limited edition watch that I was going to keep for ever, then I'd get a few bespoke spares and store them correctly.

PatrickJ likes this.