20 year old seamaster service

Good afternoon,
I've had my seamaster 20 years and never needed to service it but the time has come for me to get this done.
I live in the yorkshie, UK and wondered if anyone could recommend a place.
Thanks
Nick

Seamaster 300? Swiss time services would be my shout for a modern reference.

There you go
I'm impressed you managed to get to 20 years without servicing. I have the midsize version of this watch, which has the same movement, and could only manage 12 years before the timekeeping became very erratic.

For me this is a bit of a harder question, since I would recommend different services based on how you use the watch and your needs. if you dive with the watch or more demanding wear i would recommend using omega service center or omega service certified repair centers, (make sure to change all the seals (omega does that anyways). (Omega Usually changes everything needed, but takes more time and can be more expensive) I think they charge $550 US for time only watches. i had few older omegas serviced by them with 321 and 861, since they still have the parts. but for newer watches i trust my local watch maker.

For less expensive choose and service of movement you can take it to most reputable service centers in your area. given that it is time only watch and movement is fairly common and parts are available.

Their are few degrees in between based on if you want done to the watch. since diving watches is recommended to be pressure test. i have seen few with crown issues, so it is a good idea to have that checked and seals changed.

if it was CO-Axial or more complicated newer manual movement, would again send it to Omega for service.

hope that helps.
Edited:

It depends on what you want with the watch, really.
If you want it rejuvinated, have a look at what Omega themselves do when servicing - if I remeber correctly, bezel replacement and bracelet restoration is included in the price.

A bracelet tidy and maybe some new pins and collars is included but replacement of the bezel was never included AFAIR and is around £220 extra these days. That is in remarkably good shape for a 20 year old SMP though so won’t need it in my opinion. As long as the bracelet isn’t too worn it should come up nicely.

I’d probably bite the bullet and send it to OSC Southampton ie the Official Omega facility. Not cheap but good. You can find cheaper options of course.

Seamaster 300? Swiss time services would be my shout for a modern reference.
They are still very good at what they do but are getting expensive since they are having to pass on the sharply rising parts costs. I sent a watch there recently at it was £125 more than it would have been even 6 months ago. They have started to add on extra for pushers, crystals etc where once it was an all in price. You can’t blame them when a plastic crystal can cost ~£90.

They are still very good at what they do but are getting expensive since they are having to pass on the sharply rising parts costs. I sent a watch there recently at it was £125 more than it would have been even 6 months ago. They have started to add on extra for pushers, crystals etc where once it was an all in price. You can’t blame them when a plastic crystal can cost ~£90.

Interesting. So for the more modern or ‘non Swiss’ references are you saying it’s now cheaper to go directly to Omega UK?

A bracelet tidy and maybe some new pins and collars is included but replacement of the bezel was never included AFAIR and is around £220 extra these days.

I did some more research and it is only if the bezel has faded it will get replaced (free of charge), not if it "only" worn or scratched. It's the whole assembly, not only the inlay. A friend of mine had a quartz Seamaster 300 serviced by Omega and it got returned with a fresh bezel and new pins and collars in the bracelet - pretty cheap considering the work done and wasn't even sent away for ages.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments.
I've also my dads 50+ year old Omega which has stopped working. Would you recommend Onega fo 20170303_061343.jpg r this?