2 Watches - the same yet so different. Centenary content.

First off is the best vintage centenary example that I am aware of in 18k yellow gold with the 30.10 JUB movement.

51753424806_3844872d56_c.jpg

The second watch is the Centenary Museum edition with an 18k rose gold case housing the cal. 2202 movement (ETA based 2895-2 with co-axial escapement)

4801286445_5d52ab6918_c.jpg

Is that red thread part of the original tag on the vintage?

Just out of curiosity, which one of the two do you prefer @MSNWatch?

It was just a couple days ago that I was looking at some museum editions that are for sale online. There's a reasonably priced piece for sale in Japan on C24, although looking at the two side by side, I think my slight preference would be the original. The proportions of the original subsecond dial work better with the rest of the dial configuration IMO.

It was just a couple days ago that I was looking at some museum editions that are for sale online. There's a reasonably priced piece for sale in Japan on C24, although looking at the two side by side, I think my slight preference would be the original. The proportions of the original subsecond dial work better with the rest of the dial configuration IMO.

I'm watching one on eBay, from Japan too. Might be the same piece.

I haven't looked closely at the subsecond dial. Now that you mention....

Top one looks familiar - I'll bet a better one will never surface.... 😀

Is that red thread part of the original tag on the vintage?

Just out of curiosity, which one of the two do you prefer @MSNWatch?

Yes the original tag. And I prefer the original. I think little things like the dial proportions and crown are nicer. I also like that the bend on the bezel is sharper.

The original is definitely the better pick if you can find one that’s sharp and not softened by polishing but man, the entire museum collection is really good value now considering the price point new Omegas are now at.

the entire museum collection is really good value now considering
You can wear them!

Even though I own one of his castoffs, I no longer look at Mike's watches because I am convinced that he is from another
planet and able to transport back and forth in time, first in line for all!