Forums Latest Members

2 Omegas in the Clockmaker's Museum/Science Museum, UK

1. Kathykate Nov 19, 2019

Thought you guys may be interested to see these two watches in the Clockmaker's Museum which is inside the UK Science Museum. One is a limited edition De Ville. The other is a 'Millennium' by George Daniels and Omega. I couldn't get any better pix as they were in a glass cabinet and only had my phone. I saw them at the weekend and thought you might enjoy seeing them.

IMG_3921.JPG
    bodell, michael e, Spacefruit and 5 others like this.
  2. ERBM Dec 3, 2019

The Millennium on the right is a beauty, could you tell what size the case diameter was?

3. Kathykate Dec 3, 2019

scapa likes this.
  4. scapa Dec 5, 2019

Thanks for posting these. One of favourite places -- spent quite a while there recently researching a book, but somehow missed these Omegas among the incredible range of pieces in the Guild's collection. There's tons of Daniels-related material there (including the Space Traveler II now, I guess).

Kathykate likes this.
  5. jaspers Dec 7, 2019

There's this great Talking Watches episode with Roger Smith discussing George Daniels and his co-axial escapement. This instalment of TW is much more technical than usual—no celebrity talking about Daytonas here! Highly recommended for a quick introduction on the innovation of co-axial escapements ::book::

Kathykate likes this.
  6. Kathykate Dec 9, 2019

I just watched the episode, I know nothing of the technical side of watches, so it was very interesting and I learnt a lot!

jaspers likes this.